EVGA GTX 950 2gb overclock help

dragonhart6505

I've done a little bit of research, but I can't seem to stabilize my 950 above a 50mhz OC on core/memory. It doesn't SEEM to be a thermal issue, but I haven't replaced the paste yet (it's secondhand) and the fans don't kick in very hard above 70c. When playing demanding games that peg the GPU (Siege, BO4, PUBG) the card works fine for a bit but then the games become unstable and crash. The display doesn't crash, but I believe it to be a GPU clock issue as when running the GPU at stock with power/temp limit cranked everything works just fine.

Yes, I'm aware the 950 isn't an incredible card by today's standards and you can keep your "git betur GeePeeU scrub" comments to yourself. I have a 980 4gb on the way in a couple weeks and this will just have to do me until then. But I'd like any frames I could be missing out on with this 950 while I have it.

Thanks

6 minutes ago, dragonhart6505 said:

"git betur GeePeeU scrub"

Well, lets be honest. The GTX950 is a low end card nowadays and it was overpriced when it was new, so y'know...

That said, even if a card like this overclocked a bit better than yours, that won't necessarily mean you'll get a lot of extra performance. Afaik, these don't scale that well. Might be best to leave it stock.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, NelizMastr said:

Well, lets be honest. The GTX950 is a low end card nowadays and it was overpriced when it was new, so y'know...

That said, even if a card like this overclocked a bit better than yours, that won't necessarily mean you'll get a lot of extra performance. Afaik, these don't scale that well. Might be best to leave it stock.

Yeah I'm aware. I got a deal on it for a $30 256gb SSD and crappy 900w Silver PSU that I have absolutely no need for...so I basically got it for free. Guess I can't complain. I'm repasting it and the CPU atm because I should have done that as soon as I got them anyway xD