Noctua heatsink without fan

DatSniper

I am looking for a Noctua CPU聽cooler for the performance of it (currently on my list is the NH-U12S), but I want to use a chromax fan because i don't like the normal fan color.
My question is that does Noctua sell just their heatsinks without the fans, OR heatsinks with preinstalled chromax fans?

Nope, but you can resell the included fans for nice prices or use them elsewhere I your case

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 馃檪

11 minutes ago, DatSniper said:

I am looking for a Noctua CPU聽cooler for the performance of it (currently on my list is the NH-U12S), but I want to use a chromax fan because i don't like the normal fan color.
My question is that does Noctua sell just their heatsinks without the fans, OR heatsinks with preinstalled chromax fans?

Buy a used one for cheaper solution if you want to stay with noctua and swap to chromax.

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb,聽2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb &聽500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust聽|| Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX聽Red聽|| Mouse: Logitech G703聽|| Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

1 minute ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

Buy a used one for cheaper solution if you want to stay with noctua and swap to chromax.

nice idea, because the heatsinks don't degrade. And yeah its noctua so also used fans are fine

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 馃檪

23 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

nice idea, because the heatsinks don't degrade. And yeah its noctua so also used fans are fine

A used unit will be much cheaper then聽swap the fan on it to a new chromax one.

I almost get a used NH-D15 for $53 vs聽$83 for new unit, in my local computer store, until someone stole my opportunity by buying it while I was considering the risk of buying used heatsink. So if you get the opportunity on聽used ones, grab it fast!

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb,聽2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb &聽500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust聽|| Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX聽Red聽|| Mouse: Logitech G703聽|| Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

They don't but you could just get a different heatsink to begin with.聽

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.