Xbox questions from a noob.

Khader87
Go to solution Solved by Stefan Payne,
1 hour ago, Khader87 said:

You made rething about and maybe upgrade my pc instead,

Your decision.

What's the PC Stuff you have right now?

i just found out that red dead redemption 2 only runs at 30FPS!! Which is another thing to think about. 

Only if you really think about it. If you don't you hardly notice it as all the content is made for 30fps so it doesn't feel weird or shitty at all...

Since RDR2 is a rather slow game anyway, you don't really feel the need for 60fps...

Playstation is old, lets say ps4 pro, maybe graphicaly less than the xbox one x, isn't it? 

Still PS4 Slim is better than XBox one S, wich is also not stackable, PS4 (and PRO) Are.

XBox One X is stackable, wich is why I got that.

GPU Performance of the One X is a bit better because of the wider Memory Interface (and more memory), but without a 4k TV it doesn't really matter. The rest of the difference is quite negligable, 

Performance in 1080p is about the same, though the PS4 has some advantages like support for Bluetooth Headsets, HDD replacable without voiding the Warranty (and some tinkering on XBox Side). graphics options are rather  uncommon for PS4 these days as the PS4 can detect the resolution of the screen and report it to the game, XBox does not do that, wich is why in some games it might look like the one X is always rendering in 4k...

Though it all depends on the game and what the developer of the game has set...

But there are a couple of annoyances with the XBox Eco system, for example the missing Bluetooth support of the console... 

So you can't use wireless Headsets...

Controller is mostly a question of taste and what you are used to, if you use one for a longer period of time, the other feels weird (and to be honest, even the older PS4 Controller I find feels weird when I use the newer one with the rough surface for a longer period of time)...

But the hardware doesn#t really matter, its the games you want to play or can play that you couldn't before that matter...

And that's where the Xbox one is lacking. It really only makes sense for a couple of games, wich you can't even really buy without adding Paypal or a Credit Card to your M$ account. Without that you can't purchase Xbox 360 games...

I find that's total bonkers, if we are talking about "Backwards Compatible" Games that run on Xbox One anyway. 

For not compatible 360 games, that would make a bit more sense...

And to make it worse: Its the same for the Web Interface as well...

Hi, 

I have mid - high end gaming pc but i want also to buy xbox one x to play the exclusives and games that my pc cant run smoothly. 

Does the xbox require freesync monitor? Or is the gaming smooth without it? As my tv doesnt have freesync feature and my current gaming monitor only support freesync over DP. 

Do i have to pay anything to Microsoft other the game price to play it? Any hidden costs? I dont want online gaming.

Does the xbox support 21:9 aspect ratio? 

What matters the most the game smoothness, i dont want stutter or tearing as they are annoying, that the reason for having amd card and freesync monitor. 

Thanks. 

40 minutes ago, Khader87 said:

I have mid - high end gaming pc but i want also to buy xbox one x to play the exclusives and games that my pc cant run smoothly. 

What exclusives are you talking about?
Forza Horizon 3 and 4 is on PC.

Gears of War 4 is on PC

wich only leaves Halo (wich was on PC a long time ago, the first one, IIRC the 2nd as well)...

There really isn't much else than that...

So you should really look into that a bit more...

Does the xbox require freesync monitor? Or is the gaming smooth without it? As my tv doesnt have freesync feature and my current gaming monitor only support freesync over DP. 

No, only a normal HDMI Screen as all do....

Do i have to pay anything to Microsoft other the game price to play it? Any hidden costs? I dont want online gaming.

as long as you don't want to play online, no.

But keep in mind YOU CAN NOT BUY 360 and XBox Games without payment options in your account!

Don't ask me why, that's how it is.

You can however do that without on a 360.

Does the xbox support 21:9 aspect ratio? 

Not that I know of.

What matters the most the game smoothness, i dont want stutter or tearing as they are annoying, that the reason for having amd card and freesync monitor. 

...wich is another thing why you should rethink your purchase of the XBox as the increase of games you can play exclusively on that plattform is quasi non existant. The Master Chief Collection is about the only thing left. Not much else.

Why not a playstation??
You have a couple more games on there like God of War, Spider-Man, Horizon Zero Dawn, Detroit Become Human.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is also on playstation as well.

So what lead you onto the XBox Path??

Disclaimer: I have both Consoles, this is my Gaming Setup:

1334517666_DSC_5260(Custom).thumb.jpeg.1fcd2237d2da6b9554da00db9f4f9366.jpeg

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, I will reply when you quote or tag me.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

50 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

What exclusives are you talking about?
Forza Horizon 3 and 4 is on PC.

Gears of War 4 is on PC

wich only leaves Halo (wich was on PC a long time ago, the first one, IIRC the 2nd as well)...

There really isn't much else than that...

So you should really look into that a bit more...

No, only a normal HDMI Screen as all do....

as long as you don't want to play online, no.

But keep in mind YOU CAN NOT BUY 360 and XBox Games without payment options in your account!

Don't ask me why, that's how it is.

You can however do that without on a 360.

Not that I know of.

...wich is another thing why you should rethink your purchase of the XBox as the increase of games you can play exclusively on that plattform is quasi non existant. The Master Chief Collection is about the only thing left. Not much else.

Why not a playstation??
You have a couple more games on there like God of War, Spider-Man, Horizon Zero Dawn, Detroit Become Human.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is also on playstation as well.

So what lead you onto the XBox Path??

Disclaimer: I have both Consoles, this is my Gaming Setup:

1334517666_DSC_5260(Custom).thumb.jpeg.1fcd2237d2da6b9554da00db9f4f9366.jpeg

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, I will reply when you quote or tag me.

You made rething about and maybe upgrade my pc instead, i just found out that red dead redemption 2 only runs at 30FPS!! Which is another thing to think about. 

Playstation is old, lets say ps4 pro, maybe graphicaly less than the xbox one x, isn't it? 

You made rething about and maybe upgrade my pc instead,

Your decision.

What's the PC Stuff you have right now?

i just found out that red dead redemption 2 only runs at 30FPS!! Which is another thing to think about. 

Only if you really think about it. If you don't you hardly notice it as all the content is made for 30fps so it doesn't feel weird or shitty at all...

Since RDR2 is a rather slow game anyway, you don't really feel the need for 60fps...

Still PS4 Slim is better than XBox one S, wich is also not stackable, PS4 (and PRO) Are.

XBox One X is stackable, wich is why I got that.

GPU Performance of the One X is a bit better because of the wider Memory Interface (and more memory), but without a 4k TV it doesn't really matter. The rest of the difference is quite negligable, 

Performance in 1080p is about the same, though the PS4 has some advantages like support for Bluetooth Headsets, HDD replacable without voiding the Warranty (and some tinkering on XBox Side). graphics options are rather  uncommon for PS4 these days as the PS4 can detect the resolution of the screen and report it to the game, XBox does not do that, wich is why in some games it might look like the one X is always rendering in 4k...

Though it all depends on the game and what the developer of the game has set...

But there are a couple of annoyances with the XBox Eco system, for example the missing Bluetooth support of the console... 

So you can't use wireless Headsets...

Controller is mostly a question of taste and what you are used to, if you use one for a longer period of time, the other feels weird (and to be honest, even the older PS4 Controller I find feels weird when I use the newer one with the rough surface for a longer period of time)...

But the hardware doesn#t really matter, its the games you want to play or can play that you couldn't before that matter...

And that's where the Xbox one is lacking. It really only makes sense for a couple of games, wich you can't even really buy without adding Paypal or a Credit Card to your M$ account. Without that you can't purchase Xbox 360 games...

I find that's total bonkers, if we are talking about "Backwards Compatible" Games that run on Xbox One anyway. 

For not compatible 360 games, that would make a bit more sense...

And to make it worse: Its the same for the Web Interface as well...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"