Stable RX 580 Overclock

Go to solution Solved by HolyDori,

Hello everyone, so I have some results. I was able to get stable with the following settings. I was able to maintain full sessions of gaming on Ultra / Maxed settings like BF1, Rainbow Six Siege, Insurgency, and GTA V. I still be playing around with the wattage that way its super fine tuned and not getting more or less than needed. 

Clock - 1410 MHz 

Voltage - 1175 mV

Memory Clock - 2000 MHz

Memory Voltage - 950 mV

Limit Power - 130%

image.thumb.png.5269a7c790d8a77d738ff4077e1fc100.png

With this particular card seems the only thing that makes it unstable is:

Clock Speed - 1420 MHz and higher

Memory Clock - Anything after 2000 MHz caused immediate particles artifacts in the Wattman software after hitting apply.

However before I was able to achieve, but wasn't stable after 5 mins of gaming 

Clock Speed - 1435 MHz 

Memory Clock - 2050-2100 MHz 

Thank you again for your time and help, its always fun to see what the GPU is capable of although I plan on getting an Vega 64 or wait for the new 7nm Navi or Vega graphics cards.

HolyDori,

Hey i have a sapphire rx 580 8gb

recently i tried to overclock it to it's limits and i got 1500mhz on the core at 1200mv and a whopping 2370 mhz on the memory clock at 1045mv and it's still stable.It just hit 81 celsius max after 3 hours of mining. Has anyone of you gotten that far? Pleases do let me know. I'll also attach an image of stress testing.image_2021-04-24_182632.thumb.png.51e985d2e9c7520c952e15d7dbef65b1.png

how did you get 2370 mhz vram? i have the same config but doesnt go far then 2250

Just go to the  settings in MSI afterburner and check extend official overclocking limits just like so585643683_Screenshot(27)_LI.thumb.jpg.d19ddf6b526d9e59c9e4c890ab7aaf7d.jpg

• 7 months later...

Well it erased it all dammit, anyways yes I looked into this while back now this works with the 8GB not the 4GB cards, but 2200 Works fine because the timing of the GPU MEMORY from the post I read on 200/2200 are the best settings for it Ill try to find the article but I tried many settings and then when for the persons advice haven't had any issues, I have gotten my Core stable to 1405mhz also but the performance boost was not enough to warrant keeping it there. Also ULPS I no longer disable and Extend official Overclcocking Limits have not needed since the AMD drivers support it for quite some time now anyways I would assume. And yes I verified in CPU-Z and 3d Mark and after lots of testing just make sure to also either always have your fan at 100% or custom curve to goto 100% after 40 degrees as the built in one waits to long. Mine was just after a fresh restart or it would say the highest is 68 and thats playing Star citizen on it who now use my video card the most since they are optimizing Vulkan Tech.  Anyways It was back when I was reading into turning some of my 4GB cards into 8GB cards as I found some of them had 8GB of memory chips on them and they were around the shortage time that companys did this weird thing to down convert cards to fill the consumer gap with a bios. Then the 4gb I had died and it was off and on issues I informed MSI I love there MOBO's and other products but now after a 2nd RMA with nothing done and I had a DOA card so they ended up sending me this beauty for the trouble which I greatly appreciated and when I noticed the timing difference that was when I googled the difference in the chips GDDR Memory chips and that the way there timings were they actually love 2000/2200 mhz speeds!

MSI-8GB-RX580.thumb.png.2f86777d09285b0924fd44735ad72685.png