2018 Blade or Other College Laptops

Cloveh

Hey Guys,

I want a laptop for college that can (hopefully) last me the 4 years, I'm not looking for a "future proof" laptop, just one that can handle being carried around for 4 years and put under heavy load without breaking. I prefer OS X but HATE the new keyboards they have on their laptops and their soldered SSDs. I want something stylish and thin, and I was looking at the blade 2018. I currently have a surface book i5 dGPU that's getting a bit long in the tooth. Ideally, I would get a surface book 2, but they don't offer 6 core CPUs and I want to be able to render projects overnight and a 6 core would be ideal. 

So, what I want:

Display:

Good enough, preferably over 1080p

touchscreen doesn't matter unless I could replace my surface book with it for note-taking. 

CPU:

Most power I can get

Size:

Thin as possible while not sacrificing too much

Battery: 

Minimum 4hr usage

Doesn't matter

GPU:

Ideally over a 1050, but it's for light gaming, I don't need something crazy

Overall, I think a 2018 blade would be nearly perfect, but I have firsthand experience with their extreme RMA rate. Are there any suggestions for laptops that fit the bill here?

Also: Anyone have a 2018 MacBook pro 15"? I would like one, but the keyboard and the high failure rate of the pro, in general, has kept me wary. 

first off do you have a budget.

you want a thin and light laptop with an i7 (no way to get i9 without overheating in thin&light) and a better gpu than a 1050

my recommendations are:

xps 15   (i7 + 1050ti) (go for 16gs of ram instead of the 8gs)

aero 15x  (i7 + 1060/1070)

alienware m15  (i7 + 1060/1070)

razer blade 2018 (i7 + 1060/1070)

msi g65 stealth   (i7 + 1060/1070)

asus zephyrus (i7 + 1060/1070)  there is also a 1080 option but it as weird keyboard placement and stuff

Where are you from? Budget? Preferred max weight in kg?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

6 hours ago, Happycowdance said:

no way to get i9 without overheating in thin&light

Most thin and light gaming/performance laptops will throttle even in medium load like games (some with less throtlting like AWm15 and Zephyrus M - not to be confused with Zephyrus and Zephyrus S)

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128