Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

EK 2080 ti Vector waterblock length?

Does anyone know how long these blocks are? I'm trying to figure out case clearance. Are they the same size as a the total founders edition cooler?

1 minute ago, MkaiL said:

You know they've got a website where this info is listed...

Ya but I couldn't find this particular graphic, where was it? I was on the product page but didn't couldn't find it.

Just now, Masters2150 said:

Ya but I couldn't find this particular graphic, where was it? I was on the product page but didn't couldn't find it.

On the product page itself, third picture in the list. All their products include these pics with the dimensions.

2 minutes ago, MkaiL said:

On the product page itself, third picture in the list. All their products include these pics with the dimensions.

okok.....this ones on me.

jiFfM.jpg

15 minutes ago, MkaiL said:

snip

Something's not making sense, unless like before I'm missing something obvious.

The phanteks evolv ITX tg has a total GPU clearance of 330mm. The cooler itself is 282mm, leaving 48mm, a fan is 25mm, leaving only 23mm for rad room in front.

If I run the EK configurator, it says this case/gpu combo can support a 240 in top and front, both SE 240, but they have thicknesses of 28mm. It's not much, but it's 5mm too much. Is there a mistake in their configurator or can I just sort of force it in?

2 minutes ago, Masters2150 said:

Something's not making sense, unless like before I'm missing something obvious.

The phanteks evolv ITX tg has a total GPU clearance of 330mm. The cooler itself is 282mm, leaving 48mm, a fan is 25mm, leaving only 23mm for rad room in front.

If I run the EK configurator, it says this case/gpu combo can support a 240 in top and front, both SE 240, but they have thicknesses of 28mm. It's not much, it's it's 5mm. Is there a mistake in their configurator or can I just sort of force it in?

You've got 330mm clearance inside the case. If I'm right, you should be able to mount the front fans between the chassis and front panel (filter) meaning the fans don't affect the clearance for your gpu/rad so you would still have that 48mm.

2 minutes ago, MkaiL said:

You've got 330mm clearance inside the case. If I'm right, you should be able to mount the front fans between the chassis and front panel (filter) meaning the fans don't affect the clearance for your gpu/rad so you would still have that 48mm.

ah I see what you mean.....so was this another one on me or can we blame Phanteks for not making it clearer?

4 minutes ago, Masters2150 said:

ah I see what you mean.....so was this another one on me or can we blame Phanteks for not making it clearer?

I guess we could blame phanteks for not making it that clear.

However they do show this picture on their page where it says 330mm clearance with their own fan preinstalled in the front... ??

Spoiler

Knipsel.thumb.PNG.1f0cdecda3bdb5842d46076fed94bdc9.PNG

1 minute ago, MkaiL said:

I guess we could blame phanteks for not making it that clear.

However they do show this picture on their page where it says 330mm clearance with their own fan preinstalled in the front... ??

Reveal hidden contents

Knipsel.thumb.PNG.1f0cdecda3bdb5842d46076fed94bdc9.PNG

Damnit....I was hoping to not have to use this.....

triple_facepalm_by_kajm-dahv62t.png

I just wanted to mention another thing before you purchase anything, the block won't sit flush with the back of the case because of the gpu's io so keep in mind your clearance in the front might actually be only +-43mm. The SE should definitely not be a problem but you might even be able to squeeze in a PE. 

Also I believe this part in the picture is only added for cosmetic reasons and you should be able to remove it for possibly even thicker rads. The 2080ti is actually only 267mm long so the actual block should also be the same length. **Don't quote me on that though**.

506764590_Schermafbeelding2018-11-14om22_35_34.png.23d226ab59c20491b239b59a9c468d53.png

13 minutes ago, MkaiL said:

I just wanted to mention another thing before you purchase anything, the block won't sit flush with the back of the case because of the gpu's io so keep in mind your clearance in the front might actually be only +-43mm. The SE should definitely not be a problem but you might even be able to squeeze in a PE. 

Also I believe this part in the picture is only added for cosmetic reasons and you should be able to remove it for possibly even thicker rads. The 2080ti is actually only 267mm long so the actual block should also be the same length. **Don't quote me on that though**.

506764590_Schermafbeelding2018-11-14om22_35_34.png.23d226ab59c20491b239b59a9c468d53.png

If it's not removal and I needed more room, that sounds like a job for Captain Belt Sander

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/14/2018 at 4:43 PM, MkaiL said:

Just curious how that little protrusion affected your build?  This little piece is making it nearly impossible to fit everything in my case right now.  I can either move to a smaller radiator, put the fans on the outside of the case or take apart the fully assembled block and try removing that piece.

Gaming - AMD TR 3970X | ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme II | G.SKILL Neo 3600 64GB | Zotac Nvidia 2080 Ti AMP | 2x Sabarent 1TB NVMe | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 1000w | Corsair K70 RGB Lux | Corsiar M65 | 2x ASUS Rog PG279Q | BenQ EW3270U | Windows 10 Pro | EKWB Custom loop

ITX - Intel i7-10700k | Asus ROG Z490-I Gaming | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200 32GB | EVGA 2080 Super| Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SSD | NZXT H1| Windows 10 Pro

HTPC - Intel i9-9900k | Asus ROG Maximus XI Code | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200 32GB | EVGA 1070 | Samsung 970 1TB | WD Blue 1TB SSD | NZXT H700  | EVGA G3 1000W | Corsair H150i | Windows 10 Pro

Servers - SuperMicro 846 | 2x 2695L V2 | 128GB | Chelsio 10Gbe | Chelsio 40Gbe | 24 x 6TB | FreeNas - SuperMicro 826 | 2 x 2695L | 128GB | Chelsio 10Gbe | Chelsio 40Gbe | 8 x 10TB | 847 24 x 1TB SSD | Windows Server 2019

Work - Dell XPS 15 9560 | i7-7700HQ | 32 GB RAM | 1TB NVMe | 4k dsiplay

17 hours ago, Xplo1t said:

Just curious how that little protrusion affected your build?  This little piece is making it nearly impossible to fit everything in my case right now.  I can either move to a smaller radiator, put the fans on the outside of the case or take apart the fully assembled block and try removing that piece.

Won't be going with it. Haven't gotten my build yet, but there's just not enough room, and removing or altering it would just look weird.