Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2600 oc vs 2700x stock

robby999
 Share

What are you doing on your pc?

 

Most don't really need the 2700 unless its for more workstation esc tasks

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Slottr said:

What are you doing on your pc?

 

Most don't really need the 2700 unless its for more workstation esc tasks

Gaming

Bottlenecks my 1070 in some games like ac origins 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, robby999 said:

Gaming

Bottlenecks my 1070 in some games like ac origins 

It definitely shouldnt be. The 2600 is a great processor- 

 

What ram are you running? (What speeds?)

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, robby999 said:

Gaming

Bottlenecks my 1070 in some games like ac origins 

even my ryzen 5 1600 wont bottleneck my 1080ti

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your 2600 should not bottleneck any graphics card unless you're running single channel memory, have low ram speed, or have shitty CPU cooling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Slottr said:

It definitely shouldnt be. The 2600 is a great processor- 

 

What ram are you running? (What speeds?)

3000mhz corsiar 8gbx1

2933mhz xmp

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, _d0nut said:

Your 2600 should not bottleneck any graphics card unless you're running single channel memory, have low ram speed, or have shitty CPU cooling.

Idk cpu gets 100 in origins and gpu wont go past 73

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, robby999 said:

3000mhz corsiar 8gbx1

2933mhz xmp

Single channel ram my man, dual channel + fast ram is almost integral for Ryzen to run well

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, robby999 said:

3000mhz corsiar 8gbx1

2933mhz xmp

-8GB RAM is not enough for this caliber of build.(I wouldn't suggest 8GB for anything above a 2200G)

-Single channel affects Ryzen performance a lot. Go buy another 8GB 3000Mhz corsair stick.(Preferably same product same capacity same speed)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

-8GB RAM is not enough for this caliber of build.(I wouldn't suggest 8GB for anything above a 2200G)

-Single channel affects Ryzen performance a lot. Go buy another 8GB 3000Mhz corsair stick.(Preferably same product same capacity same speed)

Yea saving money lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

You won't get much more out of a 2700X if you're gaming in 1080p.  What you're missing is speed if you're not seeing the FPS you want at 1080p.  You'd have to get something that will clock 4.5GHz+.  

AMD Ryzen 3900X  |  Fractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 3600CL15 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-16-14-14-34  |  EVGA 1070 Ti SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black w/NZXT Kraken G12 Cooler  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/14/2018 at 11:05 AM, robby999 said:

Yea saving money lol 

Getting another 8GB stick(that's preferably the exact same as your current stick) will likely give you more FPS in game than upgrading to a 2700x.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, _d0nut said:

Getting another 8GB stick(that's preferably the exact same as your current stick) will likely give you more FPS in game than upgrading to a 2700x.

I wish you are right

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, robby999 said:

I wish you are right

 

Listen to the others.  The single channel RAM is impacting the performance.  You would find the same issue moving up to the 2700X if you stick with single channel memory.

 

I have a 2600 paired with a 1070 and it's a great combo.    

Ryzen 2600 - Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 - Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 3000 C15 2x8GB - Corsair Force MP500 NVMe PCIe M.2 240GB - 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB - 

AsRock B450 PRO4 - Deepcool Earlkase Case -  Seasonic Foucus+ 650

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/16/2018 at 2:16 AM, robby999 said:

I wish you are right

 

Well, if you upgraded to a 2700X there wouldn’t be much performance increase since the RAM would bottleneck it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/16/2018 at 3:54 PM, Reznik said:

Listen to the others.  The single channel RAM is impacting the performance.  You would find the same issue moving up to the 2700X if you stick with single channel memory.

 

I have a 2600 paired with a 1070 and it's a great combo.    

Have you tried ac origins?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/14/2018 at 7:52 PM, robby999 said:

3000mhz corsiar 8gbx1

2933mhz xmp

That's a Problem, you should have two sticks for optimal performance. One cripples the CPU tremendously.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stefan Payne said:

That's a Problem, you should have two sticks for optimal performance. One cripples the CPU tremendously.

Ik gathering money lol 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, robby999 said:

Ik gathering money lol 

 

Problem is 2fold:

a) only 8GiB Memory

b) Single Channel 

 

both could cause the Problems you have right now.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×