Custom 18 monitor setup partially going to sleep

myeaaaaah

Help me LTT, you're my only hope

Ok, so... the facts:

• 2x PCs both identical and designed to power the display to a full wall of 18 (9 per computer) 40 inch TVs for commercial use
  • Each one has the following:
  • 3x GTX 1060s 3GB
  • AMD Threadripper 1900x
  • 32 GB DDR4
  • Microsoft Windows Home 10 32/64 bit
  • BIOS Version/date American Megatrends Inc P2.00 11/21/2017
  • 256 GB m.2 NVME SSD
  • 1 TB Hard Drive
  • 850-1000 watt power supply (tried upgrading one PC to see if that was the issue
  • 6x DVI to HDMI adapters and 2x Mini Display to HDMI adapters

So my issue is I need to power this wall of displays, and frequently 1-2 monitors become unresponsive somewhere throughout the day while it's running youtube videos or something inane or low intensity.  Basically I just need them to be 18 chrome extensions across the wall.  At some point in the day frequently 1-2 monitors go to the TV default no display screen with the others still running; Windows display manager sometimes logs them in the grid of the monitors as a much smaller version of what it once was indicating to me that Windows is still aware of the plugged in monitor.  I diagnosed this as a PSU from unaccounted for taxes on power from the 18x 50-100ft HDMI cords that run over the wall to the displays, but with the upgrade I'm still experiencing similar issues with a lot of display lag.  I've tried bumping the quality down with some luck, but every time the display changes at all it seems the screens default back to 4K, and maybe there's a way to lock that feature I just haven't discovered yet?

Am I missing an obvious bottleneck here?

Thanks for your help.  Big fan of the channel.  Nerd on!

9 minutes ago, myeaaaaah said:

Help me LTT, you're my only hope

Ok, so... the facts:

• 2x PCs both identical and designed to power the display to a full wall of 18 (9 per computer) 40 inch TVs for commercial use
  • Each one has the following:
  • 3x GTX 1060s 3GB
  • AMD Threadripper 1900x
  • 32 GB DDR4
  • Microsoft Windows Home 10 32/64 bit
  • BIOS Version/date American Megatrends Inc P2.00 11/21/2017
  • 256 GB m.2 NVME SSD
  • 1 TB Hard Drive
  • 850-1000 watt power supply (tried upgrading one PC to see if that was the issue
  • 6x DVI to HDMI adapters and 2x Mini Display to HDMI adapters

So my issue is I need to power this wall of displays, and frequently 1-2 monitors become unresponsive somewhere throughout the day while it's running youtube videos or something inane or low intensity.  Basically I just need them to be 18 chrome extensions across the wall.  At some point in the day frequently 1-2 monitors go to the TV default no display screen with the others still running; Windows display manager sometimes logs them in the grid of the monitors as a much smaller version of what it once was indicating to me that Windows is still aware of the plugged in monitor.  I diagnosed this as a PSU from unaccounted for taxes on power from the 18x 50-100ft HDMI cords that run over the wall to the displays, but with the upgrade I'm still experiencing similar issues with a lot of display lag.  I've tried bumping the quality down with some luck, but every time the display changes at all it seems the screens default back to 4K, and maybe there's a way to lock that feature I just haven't discovered yet?

Am I missing an obvious bottleneck here?

Thanks for your help.  Big fan of the channel.  Nerd on!

If I were you, i would get the 1060 6gb (GDDR5) that extra vram will help

10 minutes ago, Nolanrulesroblox said:

If I were you, i would get the 1060 6gb (GDDR5) that extra vram will help

Well the setup is already built, and because it works most of the time, i would say that it is not a vram issue.

But just to be sure @myeaaaaah use MSI afterburner and monitor the Vram usage, and if it is pinned at 100% that can cause issues.

Also why are you running this kind of a setup on cheap gaming cards, instead of quadros?

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

5 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Also why are you running this kind of a setup on cheap gaming cards, instead of quadros?

I had to get the cards in the midst of the crypto mining craze that jumped GPU prices by 2 zillion percent and I thought because they're just running chrome on a daily basis it wouldn't tax the PC's resources too much.

Also those guys at microcenter were recommending this setup at the time when I told them the intended use.  I'm still kinda new at this