Iphone X exploded in US

arabelagaje
2 hours ago, D13H4RD said:

Yeah......I have a Megumin wallpaper on my Note. 

Ya'll know what's going to happen next 

Spoiler

exhausted megumin raped by a passing slime? or a slimy Kazuma

okay time to close that nhentai tab

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

3 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

It's news when it happens to Apple. Not even two weeks ago an S7 exploded, we did get no news. It can happen to every manufacturer, one isolated case is really not news worthy. The bomb note 7 and Apple bandgate were news. This is aimed at media. 

I need that iPhone X 

I'm glad they clarified that this isn't expected behavior. I was nervous for a second that this may be normal.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Came into this thread anticipating Mohammed and explosion connections and was not surprised to find mentions ?

53 minutes ago, Arokhantos said:

They will blame it on third party repair calling it now, and use it as an excuse to limit repairs even further.

Yeah with everything else Apple has been doing to limit third party repair, wouldn't surprise me if they use it to sell their service as being better.

11 hours ago, arabelagaje said:

Apple support has responded to the tweet by telling this is not an expected behaviour

NO SHIT

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

10 hours ago, Taf the Ghost said:

I guess the new iOS update is...lit.

I'll see myself out.

And Techlink stole a copy of my joke. Thanks Riley.

Phone  was hot (not unexpected during a long upgrade)->  user drops phone -> phone starts smoking. 

I think the "dropping the phone" thing did the damage. Personally.

3 hours ago, Mooshi said:

Came into this thread anticipating Mohammed and explosion connections and was not surprised to find mentions ?

I thought we would get past that. But now that you mention it hurhurhur.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

4 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

Phone  was hot (not unexpected during a long upgrade)->  user drops phone -> phone starts smoking. 

I think the "dropping the phone" thing did the damage. Personally.

If the phone was hot enough to make the user drop it, then that was "unexpected behaviour" also.

1 minute ago, Blademaster91 said:

If the phone was hot enough to make the user drop it, then that was "unexpected behaviour" also.

I dunno, my phone has gotten hot as hell on occasion. (Surprisingly hot) He could have simply been surprised. 

It would be good if they elaborated on what they meant by he dropped the phone, was it really hot and then he dropped it from his holding height on to a hard surface?

It's just a classic thermal runaway from a lithium battery.

Maybe the battery was not manufactured well, or the user was a bit hard on fast recharge (if this phone has it, I don't know), but this is not something unusual.

Apple can do everything to monitor the battery behavior and regulate it, lithium batteries are simple ticking bombs.

I work in the marine industry, all the battery storage are considered as Hazardous areas, and the bulkheads around them are heavily reinforced. It's not for nothing, we consider them as bombs.

Also, removing the charger before the explosion is not a clue. Thermal runaway is a process that once launched, is very hard to impossible to stop.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

15 hours ago, Sauron said:

3) He was folding it wrong

Fixed that for you.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.