(Official?) Battlefield V with RTX benchmark

Zandvliet
2 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

It depends on who you ask.

I was wondering what your opinion is since you're probably in the minority of 2080ti owners that actually use a 1080p monitor.

2 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

Honestly 4k doesn't really seem worth it to alot of people as well but there are many who will say it's well worth the extra cost. 

I would agree with that as I'd place more value in a 100Hz 1440p ultrawide, but then again I'm not a 2080ti owner. It just seems to me like the obvious target market for the ray tracing features are those who value image quality over fps, the same market that would purchase a 4k monitor. But I'm wondering if those same people would trade 75% of their resolution and half their framerate for this graphical feature.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

4 hours ago, Carclis said:

I was wondering what your opinion is since you're probably in the minority of 2080ti owners that actually use a 1080p monitor.

I would agree with that as I'd place more value in a 100Hz 1440p ultrawide, but then again I'm not a 2080ti owner. It just seems to me like the obvious target market for the ray tracing features are those who value image quality over fps, the same market that would purchase a 4k monitor. But I'm wondering if those same people would trade 75% of their resolution and half their framerate for this graphical feature.

I have both so I can pick and choose. Honestly the game looks really nice at 1080p so I am curious to see what it looks like with raytracing enabled. That being said it will be hard to pick between HDR and raytracing as HDR is honestly absolutely gorgeous. 

i might be wrong but some of the reflections i saw on the reviews looks weird to me like reflecting building in the window that is in front of the player instead of an angle  that it should reflect on if it's surface on graound it seems to be fine but once it's surface on the side it seems to be doing something weird, because i don't have rtx card i can't go in and check it myself and reviewers don't tend to look around to show whole place to show it's reflecting properly so it might be my mistake but seems like something weird is going on there. 

1 hour ago, qasarttl said:

i might be wrong but some of the reflections i saw on the reviews looks weird to me like reflecting building in the window that is in front of the player instead of an angle  that it should reflect on if it's surface on graound it seems to be fine but once it's surface on the side it seems to be doing something weird, because i don't have rtx card i can't go in and check it myself and reviewers don't tend to look around to show whole place to show it's reflecting properly so it might be my mistake but seems like something weird is going on there. 

Can you dig up an example? I'd like to see :)

On 11/16/2018 at 7:28 AM, Brooksie359 said:

I have both so I can pick and choose. Honestly the game looks really nice at 1080p so I am curious to see what it looks like with raytracing enabled. That being said it will be hard to pick between HDR and raytracing as HDR is honestly absolutely gorgeous. 

Wait, can't do raytracing + HDR?

1 minute ago, daimonie said:

Can you dig up an example? I'd like to see :)

Wait, can't do raytracing + HDR?

Honestly I have not tried. I was originally planning on running on my 1080p monitor which would make it impossible but I guess if I ran at 1080p on my 4k I could probably still do it.