Ryzen 7 2700 Powered Desktop Random crashes

I've recently built a new Ryzen 7 2700 based Desktop with a Radeon RX580 GPU.

Initially, my system was crashing constantly whenever I was trying to install Amd Adrenaline drivers for my GPU. Somehow this problem was solved and now whenever I boot up my pc, it crashes with a screen freeze after couple of minutes. Is this some kind of Power Supply problem ? What is the recommended PSU wattage for Ryzen 7 and RX 580 ?

My Desktop Specifications are:

CPU - Amd Ryzen 7 2700

CPU Fan - Wraith Spire

RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 8 GB 3000Mhz

Motherboard - Gigabyte B450-m

GPU - Gigabyte Amd Radeon Rx580

1st Hard Drive - Seagate barracuda 1TB

2nd Hard Drive - Seagate 160 GB

SSD - Gigabyte SSD 120 GB

PSU - Corsair VS 550

*Additional 5 120mm Case Fans*

IMG_20181113_164423.jpg

It might not be a wattage issue. You just bought a terrible low budget PSU for your brand new system. The Corsair VS series is crap.

Return it and get a CX550/CX550M instead.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

could be a few things:

5 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

It might not be a wattage issue. You just bought a terrible low budget PSU for your brand new system. The Corsair VS series is crap.

this is very likely but they aren't the worst out there, have used some with succes for years but wouldn't reccomend them.

did you do any overclocking? or did you set any xmp or docp profiles?
freezing is something that happens with that sometimes.

Current build: Ryzen 7 1700x, asus prime x370-pro, 16gb gskill trident z rgb, asus rog strix gtx 1070 ti, corsair rm650x, nzxt s340 elite, samsung 840 pro 256gb, 1.5tb hdd.

3 hours ago, NelizMastr said:

I was using my VS 550 PSU in my older build with Intel i5 4440 and an Nvidia GTX 970. Back then it worked just fine. I guess PSU might be the problem because the CPU clock speeds where around 3.4 GHz when system crashes.

3 hours ago, Martijn Klerks said:

could be a few things:

this is very likely but they aren't the worst out there, have used some with succes for years but wouldn't reccomend them.

did you do any overclocking? or did you set any xmp or docp profiles?
freezing is something that happens with that sometimes.

I am completely new into AMD products. I've never used unlocked multipliers or any kind of overclocking of CPU before.

15 hours ago, keshavcolonel said:

I am completely new into AMD products. I've never used unlocked multipliers or any kind of overclocking of CPU before.

alright, then i'd just buy a better psu, should fix the problem. because the ryzen 7 and rx580 daw alot more power than your previous build.

Current build: Ryzen 7 1700x, asus prime x370-pro, 16gb gskill trident z rgb, asus rog strix gtx 1070 ti, corsair rm650x, nzxt s340 elite, samsung 840 pro 256gb, 1.5tb hdd.

On 11/15/2018 at 12:59 PM, Martijn Klerks said:

alright, then i'd just buy a better psu, should fix the problem. because the ryzen 7 and rx580 daw alot more power than your previous build.

So finally, I got one Corsair RM 1000 SMPS and also figured out that the BSOD and crashes were caused due to faulty Windows 10 installation. Thanks for your help, This Problem is now solved.