980 Ti upgrade. 1070 Ti or 2070?

I'm looking to upgrade my GPU to something that I can water cool. I currently have an MSI Gaming 6G 980 Ti and the card is great but because of it's age I cannot get a water block for it anywhere as they're either out of stock or discontinued entirely. Normally I wouldn't want to upgrade since I'm very satisfied with my PC as is, but a few months ago I had to remove the water cooling gear I had for my CPU (6850k) because my pump housing cracked and started to leak. Never ended up replacing it but I want to get my loop back together and add my GPU to the loop as well since I'm moving soon.

The options I've been looking at have been the 1070 Ti because once over clocked it's as good or better than a stock 1080 and fairly cheap but I haven't completely dissuaded myself away from the 2070 mostly because it's not that much more expensive for me and quite a bit more powerful too. The only two things keeping me from it are the issues that the 2080 and 2080 Ti have had (the BSOD's and other issues that GN has been digging into) affecting the 2070 and that water blocks are not available for them just yet. Was mostly looking for advice and opinions on what you other fine fellows think if I should wait for a 2070 block to come out or go for a 1070 Ti (and if so which one to get in terms of one that goes a good job overclocking.)

Mainframe:// SIVA

• CPU Ryzen 7 3700x
  • Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi)
  • RAM G.Skill Trident Z Royal (Silver) 3600Mhz 16Gb
  • GPU MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti Gaming 6G
  • Case Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic Razer Edition
  • Storage Samsung 970 Evo 500GB / 1x WD Black 3TB
  • PSU EVGA Supernova 1000x
  • Cooling Corsair H150i Pro
  • Displays Acer Predator x34 Ultrawide, LG 2558UM-P
  • Audio Schitt Audio Asgard 2 AMP, Bifrost Multibit DAC, Sennheiser HD600, Scarlett Focusrite 2i2, Audio Technica AT2035
  • Peripherals Corsair K70 LUX, Logitech G502 Spectrum, Razer Orbweaver, Thrustmaster T16000m x2 HOTAS
  • Extra Stuff Clutch Chairs Gear Series Elgato HD60 Pro, Elgato Streamdeck, Logitech c920 Webcam, Custom Built acoustic altering backboard.

A 980 Ti performs similarly to a 1070/Ti so if you want to upgrade, get at least a GTX 1080/RTX 2070.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

33 minutes ago, Zelgiusthebrave said:

I'd keep waiting if you already have a 980ti and it's overclocked.

the 1070ti/1080 aren't much faster than a 980ti that's near 1500mhz.

get a used 1080ti at some point in the near future.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Just now, Streetguru said:

I'd keep waiting if you already have a 980ti and it's overclocked.

My current card isn't all that over clocked really since it's air cooled in an original Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Glass. It gets fairly warm but nothing too bad since I did what I could to optimize the cooling as best as possible for the case.

And while they aren't that much faster than a 980 Ti I'm expecting that. Since I don't game at 4k (ultrawide masterrace) most of the 'upgrading' would be the fun of finally having a fully water cooled PC.

As for a used 1080 Ti, I wouldn't be opposed to it but craiglist around here is horrid so finding a used one in good shape for the right price will be like spinning a bankrupt every time in Wheel of Fortune lol.

Mainframe:// SIVA

• CPU Ryzen 7 3700x
  • Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi)
  • RAM G.Skill Trident Z Royal (Silver) 3600Mhz 16Gb
  • GPU MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti Gaming 6G
  • Case Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic Razer Edition
  • Storage Samsung 970 Evo 500GB / 1x WD Black 3TB
  • PSU EVGA Supernova 1000x
  • Cooling Corsair H150i Pro
  • Displays Acer Predator x34 Ultrawide, LG 2558UM-P
  • Audio Schitt Audio Asgard 2 AMP, Bifrost Multibit DAC, Sennheiser HD600, Scarlett Focusrite 2i2, Audio Technica AT2035
  • Peripherals Corsair K70 LUX, Logitech G502 Spectrum, Razer Orbweaver, Thrustmaster T16000m x2 HOTAS
  • Extra Stuff Clutch Chairs Gear Series Elgato HD60 Pro, Elgato Streamdeck, Logitech c920 Webcam, Custom Built acoustic altering backboard.

3 minutes ago, Zelgiusthebrave said:

Just shop on ebay, cards are going for under $600 now, and there's plenty of buyer protection

FE PCB cards will have the most waterblock options

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MSI-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1080-Ti-Founders-Edition-11GB-GDDR5X-PCI-Express-3-0/401634338838?epid=245348138&hash=item5d8345a816:g:tPYAAOSwoDFb6swg:rk:8:pf:0

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?