Need help with going further with my build.

Ukah12

Hi there guys,

It's definitely time for me to upgrade my PC, I have been doing it little by little but now its time to make some major changes but I'm not exactly sure with what to start.

I'm looking to buy a new graphics card but due to bottlenecking I'm not sure its the right choice, so I thought I would ask for some opinions.

Now I do understand that I'm basically using a dinosaur here but just bare with me.

My Current Build:  AMD FX 6300 OC'd to 4.4GHz (could try to push it further but I'd rather not)

Hyper 212 EVO

Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 rev 5.0 motherboard

16GB RAM DDR3

Corsair RM 650x PSU

Asus Radeon R9 270 2GB

5 Corsair SP120 RGB

HyperX fury SSD 120GB

Phanteks P400S Case

Now I was looking to buy the EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB FTW ULTRA SILENT ( I know its a huge overkill for the rest of my current build, but I want to prepare for the future)

And then in the next year buy the second generation Ryzen 5 2600 and all the things that are necessary with that purchase.

I'm basically not sure whether to buy the Ryzen first or to go for the 1070ti, would appreciate any thoughts, thanks!

this is tough as newegg has an ryzen 7 1700x for 160$ you can get a mobo for less than 100$ and 16gb ram for 100$ buy a used 1070 on ebay for 230$

plus you could sell much of your current build to recover some of the cost

28 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

this is tough as newegg has an ryzen 7 1700x for 160$ you can get a mobo for less than 100$ and 16gb ram for 100$ buy a used 1070 on ebay for 230$

Red alert!  1700x hits $149!!! BUY BUY BUY!!!!   But seriously, if you live by a microcenter, its 150 there too, and theyll give $40 off a motherboard, while having the best mobo prices in town.  Like seriously, an ASRock b350 Pro4 would be $19, an Aurus AX370 gaming k7 would be $50.  WTF?

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

1 minute ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

Red alert!  1700x hits $149!!! BUY BUY BUY!!!!   But seriously, if you live by a microcenter, its 150 there too, and theyll give $40 off a motherboard, while having the best mobo prices in town.  Like seriously, an ASRock b350 Pro4 would be $19, an Aurus AX370 gaming k7 would be $50.  WTF?

32 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

The issue is that I don't live in US, so the prices  in Europe can be a bit different now, I haven't really thought about buying used stuff, I know you can get lucky and get a card that will work just like a new one but its a bit too uncertain for me.

2 minutes ago, Ukah12 said:

The issue is that I don't live in US, so the prices  in Europe can be a bit different now

What's the budget?

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

2 minutes ago, MandoPanda said:

What's the budget?

I wouldn't really want to spend more than 500 euros