Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Difference between X470 and B450 motherboard

Hello everyone ??

 

Boy's i have R5 2600X cpu and i want buy mobo for it.

 

I'm planning to buy msi b450 gaming plus beacuse it's a good value for price and performance , but i saw some site's says that is x470 is better than b450 sooo is that's true ???

 

In my country the b450 is 110$ and x470 is 185$.

 

I need help to choose the best mobo.

 

Thanks for response#####

?????????

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can get a good enough overclock out of B450, definitely go x470 if you want to overclock the most out of your chip though.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Ahmet Alhurmuzy said:

but i saw some site's says that is x470 is better than b450 sooo is that's true ???

blacklist that site, their VRMs are equally good. They are both 4 phase design, the X470 just get double the number of inductors which is much less important than what the mosfets are.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

 

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

 

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Differences between b450 and x470 chipsets are that  x470 allows for SLI (splitting the x16 from cpu into 2 x8 slots). Other than that, the other differences are basically 2 extra SATA ports and 4 extra usb 3 5gbps ports on the x470.

VRM quality doesn't depend on the chipset, you can have x470 boards with shitty VRM.

 

A 2600x will probably consume around 100-120w, and that amount is something any 4 phase VRM with a decent heatsink (something with fins, not a aluminum bar) on it can handle... 

 

Yeah that msi b450 gaming plus will be good enough, don't worry about it.

 

May want to consider a mATX or some other board though ... are you really going to need those 4 pci-e x1 slots?   Maybe you'll find a cheaper mATX board or one that has even better VRM for around the same price.


can you name some stores from where you'd buy online so we can suggest boards to you?  How about writing down top 10 or top 5 choices you would have and their price so we may suggest something that may have a better mix of performance and features?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Differences between b450 and x470 chipsets are that  x470 allows for SLI (splitting the x16 from cpu into 2 x8 slots). Other than that, the other differences are basically 2 extra SATA ports and 4 extra usb 3 5gbps ports on the x470.

VRM quality doesn't depend on the chipset, you can have x470 boards with shitty VRM.

 

A 2600x will probably consume around 100-120w, and that amount is something any 4 phase VRM with a decent heatsink (something with fins, not a aluminum bar) on it can handle... 

 

Yeah that msi b450 gaming plus will be good enough, don't worry about it.

 

May want to consider a mATX or some other board though ... are you really going to need those 4 pci-e x1 slots?   Maybe you'll find a cheaper mATX board or one that has even better VRM for around the same price.


can you name some stores from where you'd buy online so we can suggest boards to you?  How about writing down top 10 or top 5 choices you would have and their price so we may suggest something that may have a better mix of performance and features?

I buy from Amazon , eBay , Newegg.

In my country there's a b450 Gaming plus , x470 gaming plus , b450 a-pro ,asus b450 tuf gaming , msi b450 gaming carbon, x470 gaming Carbone , b450 prime. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Ahmet Alhurmuzy said:

I buy from Amazon , eBay , Newegg.

In my country there's a b450 Gaming plus , x470 gaming plus , b450 a-pro ,asus b450 tuf gaming , msi b450 gaming carbon, x470 gaming Carbone , b450 prime. 

I personally like the pro carbon, but the vrms can get hot under overclock. What about asrock and gigabyte?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

I personally like the pro carbon, but the vrms can get hot under overclock. What about asrock and gigabyte?

In my country the ryzen boards is less than Intel borads , i found msi boards and asus.

Soo what's your advice , will the 450 gaming plus be good for my 2600x ??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ahmet Alhurmuzy said:

In my country the ryzen boards is less than Intel borads , i found msi boards and asus.

Soo what's your advice , will the 450 gaming plus be good for my 2600x ??

It's fine. The board is a good budget board, but it misses some features to be in the mid-end, and is a little expensive for the low-end. Take a look if you can find these 3 boards:

Msi tomahawk b450

Asrock pro4 atx b450

Asrock fatal1ty x470

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

It's fine. The board is a good budget board, but it misses some features to be in the mid-end, and is a little expensive for the low-end. Take a look if you can find these 3 boards:

Msi tomahawk b450

Asrock pro4 atx b450

Asrock fatal1ty x470

 

First time i want buy 450 tomahawk because i saw it and its wonderful 450 mobo i have see it , but there's just b450 gaming pro and b450 a-pro and some asus mobo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ahmet Alhurmuzy said:

First time i want buy 450 tomahawk because i saw it and its wonderful 450 mobo i have see it , but there's just b450 gaming pro and b450 a-pro and some asus mobo.

Really? Is it that limited?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

Really? Is it that limited?

Yahhhh bro , only intel motherboard is there all company , msi ,asus, gigabyte, asrock and all is intel support. That's sadness for me ??.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Ahmet Alhurmuzy said:

Yahhhh bro , only intel motherboard is there all company , msi ,asus, gigabyte, asrock and all is intel support. That's sadness for me ??.

Well, that sucks. Then all the above listed mobos are fine to go with. Choose one that fits your budget, needs and looks. And have fun with it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

Well, that sucks. Then all the above listed mobos are fine to go with. Choose one that fits your budget, needs and looks. And have fun with it. 

I will go with msi b450 with my budget there is no another choose ,,,, many thanks for u bro for your advice , i appreciate ??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Ahmet Alhurmuzy said:

I will go with msi b450 with my budget there is no another choose ,,,, many thanks for u bro for your advice , i appreciate ??

No problem. Have fun with it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×