Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ASRock - Z390 Taichi Ultimate ATX LGA1151 /VS/ Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151

i am searching for a good motherboard for a i7-8700k and 1080ti build, between the ASRock - Z390 Taichi Ultimate ATX LGA1151 and the Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151  with one would be the best, or if there is another one with could it be I have a 400$ budget.

Both are very good boards.  I, personally, have a build with a Z270 Taichi with a 7700K and it's great.  The Taichi boards have a few features that have become life savers for me.  First, the Z270 has a USB 2 type A header right on the board. (it's a type C on the Z370)  Didn't think much of it at first, but I've found it very handy as a practical addition.  I've used it as the port I put my wireless keyboard/mouse combo in.  Since I do mostly audio production on that computer, I now keep my iLok in there.  Very handy.  The other feature the Taichi boards offer is Thunderbolt connectivity.  For not too much $$$ you can get a Thunderbolt 3 PCIe card.  So, if that's a feature you'd like, then the Taichi is a great choice. 

The BIOS on the Taichi can get pretty in depth for your overclocking, actually too in depth my for my skill set. haha.  I just use one of the easy overclock settings to give my 7700k a little boost. 

Another practical feature on the Taichi that I personally like is that the USB-3.1 headers are just under the 24 pin, and you're given the option of using a vertical or horizontal plug depending on your case and cable management situation this gives you some good flexibility to hide your cables.  They even put the vertical mounted one directly under the 24 pin, so the aesthetic will blend right in with the 24 pin's cables.  

I can't really comment on the Asus board you brought up, because I don't have any experience with that one.