Is Seasonic M12II-620 EVO still good in 2018?

xpresive
5 minutes ago, Quadriplegic said:

500W will be enough. 2700 with 1080 Ti draws around 300W at load.

There's this as well:
https://www.kilobaitas.lt/Korpusu_mait_saltiniai/XILENCE/CASE_PSU_ATX24_550W/XN071_XIL/XN071/CatalogStoreDetail.aspx?CatID=PL_403&ID=725507

Not perfectly black, but close enough?
PSU-Whole.jpg

are you Lithuanian? :D to find other online stores. When i put my build 2600 OC and i put 1080TI with all HDD, SSD, FAN, LED strip into it, the psu page shows me recommend of 600W, load would be at 560 somewhere, it is not oc'd 1080Ti, but these sites are reliable or no? No way 300W could power up as you say, prob its losing major FPS or something.

40 minutes ago, xpresive said:

Real talk,

Real facts. If you need 600W, you can afford high end PSU like be quiet Dark Power Pro, Corsair HXi or shit like that.

As said, you need a 500€ CPU and a 750€ GPU or even more...

OK, maybe 500€ GPU. A 150€ PSU isn't really an issue when compared to the cost of Components...

my build is ryzen2600 + gtx 760 + led strip inside + 4 120mm rgb fans etc.

That's like 300W under load, maybe 350W at worst. With OC and stuff like that.

I want 600W for future,

You can't even afford a high end CPU and have a 6 Year old GPU (OK, 5) and you really think you need 600W?! Not a chance you'd be close to that ever...

And what you need is a good quality PSU like Bitfenix Formula (450W), not a crap 600W+  PSU for the same price that's actually worse in every way imaginable...

if i want to OC 2600, i would prob use better cooler, like liquid one, another thing is that i will buy better gpu anyway, and i will prob oc it too, so i want 600W just for future profness.

If you want it, you can pay for a good one.  
If you can't afford a good 600W PSU, you don't need. it

Simple as that.

But hey, you'd probably don't listen to us either and get some real crappy 600W+ PSU that kills your Hardware or causes random shutdowns, freezes and other shit because you strongly believe you might eventually need a 600W PSU. Even if you don't.

I used my Ryzen 7/1700X with _TWO_ Radeon HD7970GHz (granted, at Default) with a 550W PSU and it still is a bit under 550W - measured, not phantasized by some crappy Internet software thingy...

And you really believe you might need a 600W?!

58 minutes ago, xpresive said:

As i read, Seasonic has been the best psu maker in the market,

No, but people who don't know shit strongly blieve them to be gods, although everyone has to use the same jellybean components from the same manufacturers (ST, Infineon, MOSPEC, Toshiba and so on).

And as a Manufacturer they are rather small as well.

So in "Insider Circles" Delta is refered to as the real gods of PSU. Not Seasonic.

Because who manufactures it doesn't matter too much.

it has the best reliability and stability,

citation needed.

There is no proof for this claim. And Seasonic probably won't release their numbers either. And what the french site who released return numbers has shown is the opposite of this claim. So no, they ain't that good.

I came across Seasonic M12II-620 EVO because it has black sleeved cables

...because Optics is more important than electrical performance??

and that it is seasonic and on good tier, great components.

a) Irrelevant

b) bullshit! Good Capacitors don't make a good PSU!
There's more to a good PSU than caps like good MOSFETs, independant regulated voltages and good protection.

So the "great components" is an outrigt lie and maybe only applys to the caps. 

The protection IC is garbage, doesn't have Overcurrent on any rail, not even minor rail. The unit doesn't regulate 12V independant of the 5V (or vice versa). 

The Heatsinks are tiny, its only 80plus Bronze. 

So where exactly are the "great quality components"? Just because a Japanese company slapped their Name on a couple of caps doesn't make the PSU good.

A Porsche with a Beetle Motor isn't a good car either.

So, is Seasonic M12II-620 EVO still good in 2018 build?

No

It was meh ~10 Years ago when it was released.

And then Seasonic lied on the Powerlabel, claimed two +12V Rails when the protection IC doesn't support it, there are no shunts, the solderjoints are not seperated....

At the time of release it was a Standard lower mid range design with shitty protection.

Today its a lowest end unit that has problems to keep up with Xilence Performance C, gets beaten by almost all other units on the market...

But that's to be expected that a unit that's designed 5-8 years later beats the older one.

My PSU requirements : 600+ Watts, 80plus, black sleeved or black rubber cables, good quality, same or lower price as seasonic.

What do you want?
A quality PSU?

Or just some shit that's got a nice number written on it?!

Can't have both. You have to decide what you want, either a good unit that will last a bit and increase the lifetime of your components or some high wattage shit that decreases the lifetime of your components.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

9 minutes ago, Quadriplegic said:

500W will be enough. 2700 with 1080 Ti draws around 300W at load.

There's this as well:
https://www.kilobaitas.lt/Korpusu_mait_saltiniai/XILENCE/CASE_PSU_ATX24_550W/XN071_XIL/XN071/CatalogStoreDetail.aspx?CatID=PL_403&ID=725507

Not perfectly black, but close enough?

The picture you posted are from 750W and up as only them come with modular cables. 

The Xilence Performance X has really surprised me. has real flexible/soft cables, low fan RPM, good electrical performance....

11 minutes ago, Spotty said:

I don't know anything about the unit, and I only looked at the first page for my search results.

Its CXM with Japanese Caps and Multi Rail.

That's about it IIRC.

1 minute ago, Stefan Payne said:

Its CXM with Japanese Caps and Multi Rail.

That's about it IIRC.

And a better fan, I think. 

:)

1 minute ago, Stefan Payne said:

The Xilence Performance X has really surprised me. has real flexible/soft cables, low fan RPM, good electrical performance....

I'm curious about the Xilence PSUs... They're owned by the same company as Be Quiet (GmbH) and claim to be "German engineered". Makes me wonder if there is any shared platform between their units and the Be Quiet ones, or are they designed & manufactured completely independent of each other?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

12 minutes ago, Spotty said:

I'm curious about the Xilence PSUs... They're owned by the same company as Be Quiet (GmbH) and claim to be "German engineered". Makes me wonder if there is any shared platform between their units and the Be Quiet ones, or are they designed & manufactured completely independent of each other?

There was with the old Performance A, but that might be because they scrapped the cooperation with the other manufacturers they did at the time, so they used a cost down System Power 8 as a basis. Besides that, the newer A+ and X are made by a different company that's mostly (not) known for lower end designs, though the electrical performance of the A+ (730W) and X is quite good and on par or better than similar competition Products like CWT GPS based units (wich usually are like 20€ or so more expensive)

Though you have to say that the Performance A+ was kinda killed by the be quiet System Power 9, as the 400W is pretty close, the 530W is a bit more like 8€ difference....

The Performance X looks like this:

https://img.tweakpc.de/image/dsc-4720-custom.dQt

https://img.tweakpc.de/image/dsc-4724-custom.dRL

And there seem to be a couple of Japanese caps in there as well...

As for the Vengeance, Jonnyguru has 4(!!) Reviews of those:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=492

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=488

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=489

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=475

57 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

There was with the old Performance A, but that might be because they scrapped the cooperation with the other manufacturers they did at the time, so they used a cost down System Power 8 as a basis. Besides that, the newer A+ and X are made by a different company that's mostly (not) known for lower end designs, though the electrical performance of the A+ (730W) and X is quite good and on par or better than similar competition Products like CWT GPS based units (wich usually are like 20€ or so more expensive)

Though you have to say that the Performance A+ was kinda killed by the be quiet System Power 9, as the 400W is pretty close, the 530W is a bit more like 8€ difference....

The Performance X looks like this:

https://img.tweakpc.de/image/dsc-4720-custom.dQt

https://img.tweakpc.de/image/dsc-4724-custom.dRL

And there seem to be a couple of Japanese caps in there as well...

As for the Vengeance, Jonnyguru has 4(!!) Reviews of those:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=492

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=488

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=489

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=475

ok genie. In future i will prob have this build: Ryzen 2600 @4.2Ghz 1.35V(prob) , 2x8GB DDR4 Trident Z 3000MHz, RTX2080 OC , WS2812B strip arround perimeter 3Metres (18W/metre - 5V) ,4RGB Fans 120mm (case : Masterbox 5 lite RGB ) , SSD, few HDD , Gaming mouse etc... and Watercooled CPU with 240mm radiator and 550W will be fully enough and i wont drop any FPS or stutter on fullest load possible due some guy on internet who told me to get 550W?

BTW, is Corsair Vengeance 650M good? You droped links, so i guess from reviews that its decent / good?

45 minutes ago, xpresive said:

ok genie. In future i will prob have this build: Ryzen 2600 @4.2Ghz 1.35V(prob) , 2x8GB DDR4 Trident Z 3000MHz, RTX2080 OC , WS2812B strip arround perimeter 3Metres (18W/metre - 5V) ,4RGB Fans 120mm (case : Masterbox 5 lite RGB ) , SSD, few HDD , Gaming mouse etc... and Watercooled CPU with 240mm radiator

Yep, that sounds like below 400W or slightly above it under full 100% load. Please don't use calculators and browse real power consumption measurements instead.

46 minutes ago, xpresive said:

and 550W will be fully enough and i wont drop any FPS or stutter on fullest load possible

I don't think you know exactly how power supplies work. Power supplies can't cause any FPS drops or stutters.

55 minutes ago, xpresive said:

550W will be fully enough and i wont drop any FPS or stutter on fullest load possible due some guy on internet who told me to get 550W?

WTF should the PSU have to do with FPS or stutter?! That's the Problem that there is nothing to influence it.

But yeah, that should be well below 500W, probably even 450W.

But you don't seem to want to listen and get the best Quality.

Wich is the important measure, not the Wattage...

I have the Seasonic 620w M12 II bronze power supply. The new version, got it in 2017 for $35. It's excellent. Don't listen to the PSU snobs. It does a good job for what it is. Anybody who has either built computers or owned a Dell from circa 2000 knows the crap they used to put in computers. $5 PSU's that never broke. With that said, my next build will feature a EVGA 750w gold G1+ PSU. Everything else I always used was bronze rated. I really like Seasonic as a brand. 

Ryzen 5600 Be Quiet! PureBase500DX  CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240mm RGB  Asus ROG Strix B450-F  1660 Super  Crucial DDR4 32GB 2x16 3800mhz  SK Hynix Gold P31 1TB NVMe  Seagate Barracuda 3TB  Mechanical Keyboard Red switches Logitech G502 mouse  EVGA Supernova 750w GA gold   32" Acer curved 1440p 144hz  MSI 32" Curved 1440p165hz  Aopen 32" 1440p 144hz

3 minutes ago, Columbo said:

I have the Seasonic 620w M12 II bronze power supply. The new version, got it in 2017 for $35. It's excellent. Don't listen to the PSU snobs. It does a good job for what it is. Anybody who has either built computers or owned a Dell from circa 2000 knows the crap they used to put in computers. $5 PSU's that never broke. With that said, my next build will feature a EVGA 750w gold G1+ PSU. Everything else I always used was bronze rated. I really like Seasonic as a brand. 

It's good, based on what info? It hasn't killed anything yet?

Calling people that know more than you "snobs", and liking brands means you have absolutely no credibility at all .

7 minutes ago, seon123 said:

It's good, based on what info? It hasn't killed anything yet?

Calling people that know more than you "snobs", and liking brands means you have absolutely no credibility at all .

Ok genius. Seasonic wants to destroy their own brand. If you do not buy the gold and you buy one of their bronze offerings. It will destroy all of your hardware using your fuzzy logic. 

Ryzen 5600 Be Quiet! PureBase500DX  CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240mm RGB  Asus ROG Strix B450-F  1660 Super  Crucial DDR4 32GB 2x16 3800mhz  SK Hynix Gold P31 1TB NVMe  Seagate Barracuda 3TB  Mechanical Keyboard Red switches Logitech G502 mouse  EVGA Supernova 750w GA gold   32" Acer curved 1440p 144hz  MSI 32" Curved 1440p165hz  Aopen 32" 1440p 144hz

8 minutes ago, Columbo said:

Ok genius. Seasonic wants to destroy their own brand. If you do not buy the gold and you buy one of their bronze offerings. It will destroy all of your hardware using your fuzzy logic. 

No company cares about the brand for the sake of keeping their reputation good. They are a company, they want to be profitable. In this case, by selling ancient pieces of crap (arguably worse than the very low end Corsair VS and Cooler Master Masterwatt Lite), for way too high prices. Because people like you keep buying their crappy PSUs, spewing out crap to justify your bad purchase, lacking knowledge of PSUs, and lack of will to do any research before buying PSUs.

It's not about the efficiency. It's about the fact that the S12 II/M12 II is loud, is group regulated, lacks protections, and costs as much as actually decent PSUs. Being Bronze efficiency rated makes no difference to me.

If you want examples of actually decent Bronze efficiency PSUs, theres the Corsair CX/M, Corsair Vengeance and Masterwatt (vanilla).

7 minutes ago, seon123 said:

No company cares about the brand for the sake of keeping their reputation good. They are a company, they want to be profitable. In this case, by selling ancient pieces of crap (arguably worse than the very low end Corsair VS and Cooler Master Masterwatt Lite), for way too high prices. Because people like you keep buying their crappy PSUs, spewing out crap to justify your bad purchase, lacking knowledge of PSUs, and lack of will to do any research before buying PSUs.

It's not about the efficiency. It's about the fact that the S12 II/M12 II is loud, is group regulated, lacks protections, and costs as much as actually decent PSUs. Being Bronze efficiency rated makes no difference to me.

If you want examples of actually decent Bronze efficiency PSUs, theres the Corsair CX/M, Corsair Vengeance and Masterwatt (vanilla).

Do better research. Corsair has had problems with their PSU reliability. Corsair is a memory company. Rebranded PSU's, made in China. Study Chinese factories. All their customers own Chinese factories. China owns every Chinese factory. They make vendors feel as if they own where their products are made. My first computer was a Commodore 64. I learned on an Apple IIe. Tell me I know nothing. Keyboards used to cost 99 cents at computer stores. Mice still cost 99 cents. What you are talking about is known as consumerism. I stand by what I said about Dell PSU's. Crack open an old Dell PC. I doubt you will find any Dell PSU that fried components and most still work. You have been reading reviews and drinking the cool-aid. 

18 minutes ago, Columbo said:

Do better research

I'll assume that's what you're going to do now?

18 minutes ago, Columbo said:

Corsair has had problems with their PSU reliability

Not according to actual statistics. I think @jonnyGURU has a few other things he's also disagree about. 

20 minutes ago, Columbo said:

PSU's, made in China

Rebranded PSUs that they design? Oh no, PSUs that are made in China, just like every single PSU on the market that's not the CM MIJ...

21 minutes ago, Columbo said:

first computer was a Commodore 64. I learned on an Apple IIe. Tell me I know nothing.

I'll do you one better. You know absolutely nothing, and are also misinformed, and have no will to learn why you're wrong. 

22 minutes ago, Columbo said:

I stand by what I said about Dell PSU's. Crack open an old Dell PC. I doubt you will find any Dell PSU that fried components and most still work. 

Are you referring to the Delta PSUs? As in, among the best built and designed PSUs you can find?

23 minutes ago, Columbo said:

You have been reading reviews

It's clear that you don't. 

1 hour ago, Columbo said:

Oh dear...

You clearly have no idea what we are talking about.

And what makes it "new Version"? What's new about it?

Again, its an old design, group regulated and lacks protection. That makes it a bad unit. And you don't seem to be able to test these things it seems...

59 minutes ago, Columbo said:

Seasonic wants to destroy their own brand. If you do not buy the gold and you buy one of their bronze offerings. It will destroy all of your hardware using your fuzzy logic. 

It might, yes.

And if something goes wrong, something might explode as protections are hardly working...

The sucessor to the S12II was announced like 4 years ago or so, so its worked on but still not released...

31 minutes ago, Columbo said:

Do better research. Corsair has had problems with their PSU reliability. Corsair is a memory company. Rebranded PSU's, made in China. Study Chinese factories. All their customers own Chinese factories. China owns every Chinese factory. They make vendors feel as if they own where their products are made. My first computer was a Commodore 64. I learned on an Apple IIe. Tell me I know nothing. Keyboards used to cost 99 cents at computer stores. Mice still cost 99 cents. What you are talking about is known as consumerism. I stand by what I said about Dell PSU's. Crack open an old Dell PC. I doubt you will find any Dell PSU that fried components and most still work. You have been reading reviews and drinking the cool-aid. 

Dude, read up on that stuff and stop being such a nice person.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

1) It doesn't matter who makes the PSU. It matters what you want, you want to pay, specify and so on

2) Making stuff yourself is NOT better than letting someone who knows his stuff do it for you. You might have to pay a bit money for that but that's all you loose. The one doing it for you has the knowledge of how to make it and the necessary machines (only a couple of 100k € for a simple Setup or more)

3) My first computer also was a C64, so what?! That doesn't make me Jesus or something else. It only makes you old.

And yes, you know nothing, especially since everything you've learned at the time of the C64 you can throw down the toilet, has nothing to do with how things work. Not even the Power Supplys. 

And especially the things that changed in the last couple of years are immense.

But since you know it:
Pls tell us the difference between Flyback, Double Forward, Active Clamp Reset and LLC-Resonant mode Topologies. Since you know it, you should be able to tell us the difference, right?

Corsair has had problems with their PSU reliability.

Yeah, probably the ones that were made by Seasonic...

25 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Oh dear...

You clearly have no idea what we are talking about.

And what makes it "new Version"? What's new about it?

Again, its an old design, group regulated and lacks protection. That makes it a bad unit. And you don't seem to be able to test these things it seems...

It might, yes.

And if something goes wrong, something might explode as protections are hardly working...

The sucessor to the S12II was announced like 4 years ago or so, so its worked on but still not released...

Dude, read up on that stuff and stop being such a nice person.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

1) It doesn't matter who makes the PSU. It matters what you want, you want to pay, specify and so on

2) Making stuff yourself is NOT better than letting someone who knows his stuff do it for you. You might have to pay a bit money for that but that's all you loose. The one doing it for you has the knowledge of how to make it and the necessary machines (only a couple of 100k € for a simple Setup or more)

3) My first computer also was a C64, so what?! That doesn't make me Jesus or something else. It only makes you old.

And yes, you know nothing, especially since everything you've learned at the time of the C64 you can throw down the toilet, has nothing to do with how things work. Not even the Power Supplys. 

And especially the things that changed in the last couple of years are immense.

But since you know it:
Pls tell us the difference between Flyback, Double Forward, Active Clamp Reset and LLC-Resonant mode Topologies. Since you know it, you should be able to tell us the difference, right?

Yeah, probably the ones that were made by Seasonic...

I simply said I had a Seasonic 620w bronze power supply. I use it for my Ryzen test build system. It is considered rude to say bad things about products that people want to put in their new system. I have had only one PSU fail and it was an OCZ 700w power supply. It was a known bad power supply and I knew it would fail after 9 months. It took with a total of zero components when it burned out. 

3 minutes ago, Columbo said:

I simply said I had a Seasonic 620w bronze power supply. I use it for my Ryzen test build system

You seem to have a set of alternate facts. 

It's excellent. Don't listen to the PSU snobs. It does a good job for what it is.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 minutes ago, Columbo said:

is considered rude to say bad things about products that people want to put in their new system. 

Spoiler

artworks-000322933404-2qsvhm-t500x500.jp

I simply said I had a Seasonic 620w bronze power supply.

Yes, and?!

Many people have many other PSU. So what?!

I use it for my Ryzen test build system.

And??

This PSU was used and working a week earlier. Still booted the Motherboard though:

DSC_3102.thumb.JPG.104aa749a9a2c9d5fb7e8ca9b78c42be.JPGDSC_3104.thumb.JPG.38dbdcdae9efdaa94071cf082c430a4f.JPGDSC_3105.thumb.JPG.aba904edd1109ee009f430decd27d483.JPGDSC_3108-small.jpg.57bbbf5432dca7200746aadc65eefd8f.jpg

It is considered rude to say bad things about products that people want to put in their new system.

Its considered rude to come into a discussion, insulting everyone involved, emulating the expert and proving that you know nothing of what you claim.

As for the products: I DO NOT CARE. If you do, please blame Seasonic for having a product designed in the 2000s, that was introduced in 2010 still around 8 Years later. Its their fault for offering such a bad product today, not mine for saying that its shit.

A PSU without Over Current on any rail, without Undervoltage protection on +12V, withotu Overtemperature Protection is garbage. If it doesn't even regulate all voltages independantly, its a really bad lowest end Product. and look here:

https://www.computerbase.de/2015-10/350-watt-netzteil-test-lc-power-xilence-sea-sonic-super-flower/3/

Every unit failed in the protection are. The Seasonic PSU you defend so much even died.

And the electrical performance isn't even better than the competition, although costing twice as much!

I have had only one PSU fail and it was an OCZ 700w power supply. It was a known bad power supply and I knew it would fail after 9 months. It took with a total of zero components when it burned out. 

Shit happens but the OCZ 700W might be better than the one you have right now because it might be independently regulated, your Seasonic is not.

That PSU die can happen...

2 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Yes, and?!

Many people have many other PSU. So what?!

And??

This PSU was used and working a week earlier. Still booted the Motherboard though:

DSC_3102.thumb.JPG.104aa749a9a2c9d5fb7e8ca9b78c42be.JPGDSC_3104.thumb.JPG.38dbdcdae9efdaa94071cf082c430a4f.JPGDSC_3105.thumb.JPG.aba904edd1109ee009f430decd27d483.JPGDSC_3108-small.jpg.57bbbf5432dca7200746aadc65eefd8f.jpg

Its considered rude to come into a discussion, insulting everyone involved, emulating the expert and proving that you know nothing of what you claim.

As for the products: I DO NOT CARE. If you do, please blame Seasonic for having a product designed in the 2000s, that was introduced in 2010 still around 8 Years later. Its their fault for offering such a bad product today, not mine for saying that its shit.

A PSU without Over Current on any rail, without Undervoltage protection on +12V, withotu Overtemperature Protection is garbage. If it doesn't even regulate all voltages independantly, its a really bad lowest end Product. and look here:

https://www.computerbase.de/2015-10/350-watt-netzteil-test-lc-power-xilence-sea-sonic-super-flower/3/

Every unit failed in the protection are. The Seasonic PSU you defend so much even died.

And the electrical performance isn't even better than the competition, although costing twice as much!

Shit happens but the OCZ 700W might be better than the one you have right now because it might be independently regulated, your Seasonic is not.

That PSU die can happen...

OK, recommend me the fkn 550W Psu jeez, PSU search is killing me rn. Dont offer silver/gold and above, I aint gonna throw my wallet for more efficiency.

4 minutes ago, xpresive said:

OK, recommend me the fkn 550W Psu jeez, PSU search is killing me rn. Dont offer silver/gold and above, I aint gonna throw my wallet for more efficiency.

We already did, if you don't want them, we can't help you. What else do you need?!

Here:

And a couple of postings below that were some good recommendations.

29 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

We already did, if you don't want them, we can't help you. What else do you need?!

Here:

And a couple of postings below that were some good recommendations.

I was stuck at Cooler Master MasterWatt but it has 85C teapoop :/ , corsair Cx550 couldn't find almost any info, only i've found that it has hold up time of 12ms, recommend is <17ms and prob has also 85C while m12ii has japanese 105C (insert laughing crying emoji) - ?. Does caps rly matter?

4 minutes ago, xpresive said:

I was stuck at Cooler Master MasterWatt but it has 85C teapoop :/ , corsair Cx550 couldn't find almost any info, only i've found that it has hold up time of 12ms, recommend is <17ms and prob has also 85C while m12ii has japanese 105C (insert laughing crying emoji) - ?. Does caps rly matter?

What you are talking about right now is pretty irrelevant.

Or do you want 255mm tyres on a Chevrolet Getz?? Because that's what you are arguing for.

Because you ignore the rest, Caps are at most the icing on the cake. And in 230VAC areas, the Primary Cap isn't really important anyway...

That's more something for 115VAC.

And the Temperature Rating of a mains cap isn't important either - its the Ripple Current that is the interesting value it seems (as 85°C can have higher ripple current rating, it might be the same in the end)...

The real important thing is voltage regulation and how well it handles transients from higher end cards, everything else is secondary. And Caps are totally overrated - and the Reason why people still think old, group regulated units might be worth a buy...

Especially since we have no idea how the modern caps are, we only know how old caps might have been in certain designs...

15 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

What you are talking about right now is pretty irrelevant.

Or do you want 255mm tyres on a Chevrolet Getz?? Because that's what you are arguing for.

Because you ignore the rest, Caps are at most the icing on the cake. And in 230VAC areas, the Primary Cap isn't really important anyway...

That's more something for 115VAC.

And the Temperature Rating of a mains cap isn't important either - its the Ripple Current that is the interesting value it seems (as 85°C can have higher ripple current rating, it might be the same in the end)...

The real important thing is voltage regulation and how well it handles transients from higher end cards, everything else is secondary. And Caps are totally overrated - and the Reason why people still think old, group regulated units might be worth a buy...

Especially since we have no idea how the modern caps are, we only know how old caps might have been in certain designs...

https://hexus.net/tech/reviews/psu/111077-cooler-master-masterwatt-650w/?page=5

Here is Ripple review, is it decent/good? The whole review of masterwatt