i5 8300H gtx 1060 or i7 8750H gtx 1050 Ti

Which is better when it comes to daily performance and gaming on the side? I want a laptop that can handle games pretty well for the next few years but don't want to compromise on the daily performance. The 1060 comes with 16 gb of RAM whereas the 1050Ti is 8 gb RAM. The laptop will mainly be used for programming and gaming 

go for the I5 1060 option, the I5 will handle the games just fine

Main PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | RAM:Corsair LPX 3200 mhz (16Gb) 

Mobo:ASUS Strix B550-F Wifi | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z

Case: Sharkoon Nightshark RGB| Storage: 500 GB 970 EVO Plus 1 TB WD blue 500 GB Samsung HDD

Monitor: iiyama G-Master G2470HSU-B1 165Hz

Powersupply: Be Quiet straight Power 10 500 watt

Main Laptop

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H | RAM: Team group 16 GB 2666 mhz

GPU: RTX 2060 (MXM swappable)

Monitor: 1080p 120Hz

Storage: 2x 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (no raid)

Second Laptop

CPU: Intel Core I5 1235u,  RAM: Samsung 8 GB 3200 mhz

GPU: IrisXe 80 eu

Storage: 512 GB WD Digital SN530 NVMe

Phone:

Xiaomi MI 11

Work Phone:

Galaxy A50

Are you a software engineer that uses a lot of virtue machine? If so go for the i7 version for the 6-core processor. If not go for i5 for better graphics.

1 hour ago, devesh18 said:

The laptop will mainly be used for programming and gaming 

Which is your primary usage? What games do you play?

Also, what models are they? Choosing the correct model is also important, not just specs only

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

1 hour ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Which is your primary usage? What games do you play?

Also, what models are they? Choosing the correct model is also important, not just specs only

They're both Acer Predator Helios 300. I know the thermals suck but in India no other laptop matches these specs for my budget. 

I'm an undergrad student so I'm not really doing any hard core programing. So gaming would be the primary use. 

If the i5 comes with 16gb of ram and the i7 8gb I would go for the i5 all day long. Considering you are going to hit a thermal limitation and/or power limitation before the hardware limits you. The model is the same go for the bigger ssd and ram.

16 hours ago, devesh18 said:

I know the thermals suck but in India no other laptop matches these specs for my budget

100% sure? Any links of online stores so that I can look through?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

20 hours ago, devesh18 said:

Which is better when it comes to daily performance and gaming on the side? I want a laptop that can handle games pretty well for the next few years but don't want to compromise on the daily performance. The 1060 comes with 16 gb of RAM whereas the 1050Ti is 8 gb RAM. The laptop will mainly be used for programming and gaming 

i5, 1060, 16 gb ram and change the disk for an ssd if there isn't any by default. You ll never notice the difference in that laptop between these exact cpus.

5 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

100% sure? Any links of online stores so that I can look through?

There are mainly two

Flipkart.com

Amazon.in

The MSRP of the i5 is around 1800 USD(customs in India suck) but during sales it goes for around 1000 USD. My budget is anything below 80000 INR. The i7 is about 50-100USD cheaper than the i5

4 hours ago, Settlerteo said:

i5, 1060, 16 gb ram and change the disk for an ssd if there isn't any by default. You ll never notice the difference in that laptop between these exact cpus.

It comes with 1TB HDD (5400 RPM) and a 128 GB SSD. I'll upgrade the SSD in the future 

17 hours ago, markr54632 said:

If the i5 comes with 16gb of ram and the i7 8gb I would go for the i5 all day long. Considering you are going to hit a thermal limitation and/or power limitation before the hardware limits you. The model is the same go for the bigger ssd and ram.

Which of the two configurations do you think would heat more? 

4 hours ago, devesh18 said:

Should be a negligible difference if any.

17 hours ago, devesh18 said:

8750H+1050TI, only slightly

Also depends on which component is pushed

17 hours ago, devesh18 said:

snip

Looks like Helios 300 is your best option, make sure you undervolt CPU+GPU and do a repaste. Go for 1060 if your primary usage is gaming.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

• 5 months later...

Hi, can someone please give advice  i7 8750h with graphic card 1050 ti or i5 8300h with graphic card1060

I'm a web designer and working in Photoshop CC 2019, I want to buy a laptop which can handle graphic design (not rendering, but web design), can please someone advise which one to buy, the specs of two laptops are the same (Asus TUF Gaming FX705GE,  Asus TUF Gaming FX705GM), the only difference is processor and the graphic card. 

So, which one better deals with programs like Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD?

P.S.
I have a desktop with 1050 to and AMD FX8320 and it works ok, but not fast enough sometime.