Nintendo wins lawsuit against Love Roms owner and succesfully wins 12 million+ dollars in damages

Master Disaster
15 minutes ago, Noctus said:

Sorry WHAT?

Plastic decomposes over time. It happens on all disk technology at varying speeds depending on their compositions.

Archiver/Museum uses special, more costly disks (requires special CD burner as well), to store data for extended period of time. A consumer version exists, but of course not as long lasting.

LaserDisk, CDs, VideoCD, mini-Disks, DVDs, BlueRay, among many other disk technologies, all faces this.

3 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Plastic decomposes over time. It happens on all disk technology at varying speeds depending on their compositions.

Archiver/Museum uses special, more costly disks (requires special CD burner as well), to store data for extended period of time. A consumer version exists, but of course not as long lasting.

LaserDisk, CDs, VideoCD, mini-Disks, DVDs, BlueRay, among many other disk technologies, all faces this.

Yeah, knew bout decomposing. "Disk rot" made it seem like something worse haha. #noididntfreakout

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

5 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Nintendo distributes some

Yes, that is right. Some.
Companies should lose all their copyright for software that they no longer sell. It is anti-consumer otherwise and harms the company in no way.
If nintendo wants my money, then they can sell the roms themselves, otherwise, they shouldn't cry when I download a rom.
Nintendo is disgustingly anti-consumer with this along with how they treated youtubers.

2 hours ago, Noctus said:

Sorry WHAT?

1 hour ago, Noctus said:

Yeah, knew bout decomposing. "Disk rot" made it seem like something worse haha. #noididntfreakout

Sorry about the sp00k, I was under the impression 'disk rot' was the general accepted term for this phenomenon :D 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I wish Nintendo would add some sort of online functionality to NES Classic and SNES Classic. Here me out.

On launch you get the standard 30 games or so and that doesn't change then if you would like you can pay a subscription fee to basically download any roms to your console, all provided by Nintendo. If you can't stop piracy, then create a product that appeals to the piracy lifestyle, that's how music streaming became so popular.

I understand there are issues with licensing, but I like the core concept.

26 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

I wish Nintendo would add some sort of online functionality to NES Classic and SNES Classic. Here me out.

On launch you get the standard 30 games or so and that doesn't change then if you would like you can pay a subscription fee to basically download any roms to your console, all provided by Nintendo. If you can't stop piracy, then create a product that appeals to the piracy lifestyle, that's how music streaming became so popular.

I understand there are issues with licensing, but I like the core concept.

Nintendo doesn't own copyright or distribution rights to every game on the system not would they be able to get hold of such a thing. A lot of the publishers are long defunct by now.

I agree its a great idea but the practicalities make it impossible.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

4 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Nintendo doesn't own copyright or distribution rights to every game on the system not would they be able to get hold of such a thing. A lot of the publishers are long defunct by now. 

I agree its a great idea but the practicalities make it impossible.

I understand, I just don't like when Nintendo want shut down a way of obtaining retro titles, especially in some cases, with no way of getting them 'legitimately'. They make quality titles that stand the test of time, but they don't always make them accessible even for customers happy to pay up.

We really need new digital copyright laws. This is just ludicrous.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

9 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Like winning the lottery, you don't want.

You want a steady income that can sustain your lifestyle. Wining a big load of money, once, will not help at anything, and be a curse more than anything. You'll get a fancy home which you can't pay its taxes, you'll get a nice car, only to not be able to afford its maintenance, you want a fancy computer, but it will be outdated next month, and you'll get used to having this, and you don't have the income to continue to keep a system up to date, and so you wasted you money if you stopped, and so on.

Nah, gonna spend it on housing, I can buy two apartments with this money.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition