Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

No entirely satisfied with Be Quiet!'s support.

corrado33

Let me preface this by stating that I own 2 high end Be Quiet! cases. I love them, they are great, and I'd 100% purchase them again. 

HOWEVER...

I recently purchased one of their CPU coolers. It was listed on Amazon US, Amazon CA, and their own newegg link (literally from their website) as supporting LGA 775. Since I've never had issues with products like this before, I purchased it without checking out their own website. Turns out that it does not support LGA 775. When I contacted their support their eventual response was ""It is possible that when Amazon Canada helped us list this item they copy and paste description since all our cooler expect Pure Rock Slim is compatible with LGA 775" (Yes, that's exactly how it was written.)

Then, "Please contact Amazon Canada for an exchange." 

Now, I'm not going to do this because I'm sure I'll find a use for it eventually, and it wasn't expensive enough to warrant dealing with returns. But, I've never had a company openly admit they made a mistake and then not do anything about it. Personally I don't think that's the best way to ensure repeat customers.

Now, I'm not trying to complain (much), I'm just slightly disappointed since they make such high quality products. 

Do you know what is great about amazon? there service. Just drop them a message explaining the situation.

Even if you are pissed of be polite/friendly otherwise you won't reach anything.

You realize the only recourse they can do from the company directly is send you a entirely new cooler while being unable to take your old one in?

Honestly the first thing you should’ve done is contact amazon fora exchange because that’s where you bought it from

You need to contact Amazon. They're the company you bought the item from and they're the company with misinformation on their product information for the product.

If you contact Amazon and tell them that the product listing is inaccurate and you want a refund due it not being compatible, they will likely just refund you the purchase cost and let you keep the item. This will also help Amazon update the product information to correct the mistake and prevent other people from purchasing it believing it is compatible with 775.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

25 minutes ago, Spotty said:

You need to contact Amazon. They're the company you bought the item from and they're the company with misinformation on their product information for the product.

If you contact Amazon and tell them that the product listing is inaccurate and you want a refund due it not being compatible, they will likely just refund you the purchase cost and let you keep the item. This will also help Amazon update the product information to correct the mistake and prevent other people from purchasing it believing it is compatible with 775.

While I would usually agree with you, THIS item was sold by the "be Quiet!" store on amazon. 

In any case, I'm just not going to bother. I'll use the cooler eventually. 

1 minute ago, corrado33 said:

While I would usually agree with you, THIS item was sold by the "be Quiet!" store on amazon. 

In any case, I'm just not going to bother. I'll use the cooler eventually. 

What BeQuiet store on Amazon?

image.png.230d71bdac1d08e064aba460f2fa57a7.png

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

What BeQuiet store on Amazon?

Ah, you are correct. I could have sworn it was their own store...

8 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

Ah, you are correct. I could have sworn it was their own store...

AFAIK Be Quiet doesn't have a store on Amazon. What you bought would have been sold and supplied by Amazon CA (assuming you bought the top listing, which why wouldn't you since it's cheaper). You need to contact them about any inaccuracies in the product list.

I've already reported the item as having an inaccurate description & title, so if I can take the time to do it then you really have no excuse for not contacting Amazon about it.

On 11/12/2018 at 7:06 PM, corrado33 said:

returns

well they said contact the other branch

did you do that?

When I called up Be Queit for tech support I could hardly hear them...

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

You need to contact Amazon, they sold it to you. If they listed it as LGA775 compatible, it was their cockup. And if BeQuiet did it, they'll sort it out internally with Amazon. This is irrelevant for you who is the maker or who's in the wrong.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | ASUS Strix X570-E | G.Skill 32GB 3733MHz CL16 | PALIT RTX 3080 10GB GamingPro | Samsung 850 Pro 2TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB | Sound Blaster AE-9 MUSES Edition | Altec Lansing MX5021 Nichicon/MUSES Edition

Amazon returns are free...

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: AMD Radeon 6700XT 12GB PSU: Corsair SF600 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red