New RAM not showing in system

Bacon Bankai

I am currently using 2x4gb sticks at 1600MHz together and I recently bought 2 more that should be the exact same sticks. I installed the new sticks into slots DDR3_A1, and DDR3_B1 while the older sticks remained in DDR3_C1 and DDR3_D1 like the motherboard manual says. Sticks seem to be secure in slot just as old ones are. Old sticks are still set to dual channel idk if that matters I read you can have 2 pairs of dual channel so I'm not sure what to do. New sticks do not show up in UEIF or control panel.

new ram https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231428

old ram https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231429 (only using 2 of those sticks) the other to I lost or were not working I forget

System Specs.PNG

RAM details.PNG

Pull out all the memory and try each stick individually in every slot on the motherboard. If one stick does not show, then you probably have a RAM issue. If one DIMM slot does not work, then you probably have a motherboard issue. Are there any LEDs lit up on the motherboard?

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

So I took out the old RAM that I know works and placed it in the slots that I placed my new RAM and my PC didn't boot then I placed the ram back in their original spots and it worked. So I suppose that means my motherboard is messed up which sucks because that would mean I would have to get a new motherboard and reinstall everything if I wanted to get more RAM right?

5 hours ago, Bacon Bankai said:

So I took out the old RAM that I know works and placed it in the slots that I placed my new RAM and my PC didn't boot then I placed the ram back in their original spots and it worked. So I suppose that means my motherboard is messed up which sucks because that would mean I would have to get a new motherboard and reinstall everything if I wanted to get more RAM right?

You couldn't even enter BiOS? Btw, did you try to put the new RAM in the original slots, just to make sure the new RAM is working?

Ok so here's the update sorry for the delayed replies just been busy. When placing the new ram in the slots of where my old ram was it displayed in UEIF so I know the new RAM is good. when placing either new or old RAM into DDR3_A1 or DDR3_A2 my PC would not boot to UEIF. So i placed the 4 ram sticks into slots DDR3_D1, DDR3_C2, DDR3_C1 and DDR3_B1 and now it displays all ram on the control panel and UEIF as 16GB total. However, UEIF says RAM is set to triple channel. Idk if that's going to be a problem and if it's possible to change it to quad channel in their current slots. 

Also another minor problem I may have is that I can't access slots DDR3_D2 or DDR3_B2 currently because when me and a friend built the PC 5 years ago we were stupid and placed the heat sink horizontally and it just overlaps those slots so I can't put the RAM in those slots. I think we noticed it after we put on the heat sink but I guess we figured we would just use the other slots.

I posted a snip from the manual so you can see which slot is which and get a better picture

MB layout.PNG