Thinking of getting Synergy

Hello all!

So here's what I need to do.

I only have one desk here. This single desk has two monitors on it. It's my gaming/streaming setup, with a Windows PC.

Then, I also have a Mac Pro that I will use for music stuff.

I intend on using the same keyboard and mouse, and the same two monitors for both machines.
This part is sorted, since both monitors have more than one input, I just need to switch when using either machine, and install Synergy on both, right?

BUT

I use an M-Audio M-Track 2X2 connected to the PC via USB, and that's where all my PC audio sources go through to get to my headphones.

So now I need a way to get the Mac to also send audio through the same mixer.
It has two channels, and since only the first one is being used by my microphone, I could use the second channel to bring audio from the Mac in...

But I don't think it'll be great to use the internal mac audio for Pro Tools and such.

Do I need a new interface to do this? And then to prevent having to unplug the headphones from one interface to the other, I could run an output from the one hooked up to the mac, into this one?

HELP.

I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me.

One approach could be to use an optical audio cable (S/PDIF or TOSLINK) from Mac to PC. Enable "Listen to this device" in sound settings (which mixes in the audio from the Mac) and use the PC's sound as the primary output.

p.s. Thanks for considering Synergy. Please contact us if you have any questions.

Thanks for being the only one replying.

Yeah this suggestion would work, just maybe not for my situation.

I need to use the mac for things like Pro Tools, in which case I guess I actually need a separate interface. The onboard sound card is definitely not enough to handle pro audio...

Thank you anyway though!

I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me.