I need help with my Mother and with my Computer...

sterixir
6 minutes ago, sterixir said:

So we are at the start again ?

Well. At least you know why your games were doing so bad. Maybe ask acer about it?

Just now, iKingRPG said:

LOL. I remember in 3rd grade i got in trouble with my mom for "lying" about saying most of the kids already had the new iphone 5c and a few with the 6 plus ??

and i like: well at least im an android dude... I find it funny that people upgrade their little kid's iphone x to xs max or something when they don't know how to use new features ??

or the "3d Touch" thing, my Friend didn't knew he had it (he upgraded from the Iphone 6 to the 6s back then) until i showed him 1 year afetr he bought it ??

You could sell your laptop and build a desktop. Or depending on store maybe they let u return it for original price.

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

Well. At least you know why your games were doing so bad. Maybe ask acer about it?

Fuck Acer honestly, i once sent my repair in and it came back (2 Months later) even more broken...

But i guess i have no otehr choice...

1 minute ago, iKingRPG said:

LOL. I remember in 3rd grade i got in trouble with my mom for "lying" about saying most of the kids already had the new iphone 5c and a few with the 6 plus ??

and i like: well at least im an android dude... I find it funny that people upgrade their little kid's iphone x to xs max or something when they don't know how to use new features ??

Well my argument against this was always how people who have kids and work with kids are always concerned with cyberbullying and such. Well, who's enabling them to be victims of cyberbully or to cyberbully? Why does a 13 year old need the same powerful mobile devices that CEOs use? 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Just now, iKingRPG said:

You could sell your laptop and build a desktop. Or depending on store maybe they let u return it for original price.

thought about that aswell, but my Grandmother wants my Laptop because her's is 10 years old...

Just now, sterixir said:

Fuck Acer honestly, i once sent my repair in and it came back (2 Months later) even more broken...

But i guess i have no otehr choice...

Not to rma it. No just ask customer service about it.

1 minute ago, sterixir said:

or the "3d Touch" thing, my Friend didn't knew he had it (he upgraded from the Iphone 6 to the 6s back then) until i showed him 1 year afetr he bought it ??

LOL! Then there are those teens that got a galaxy s9 or something and im like WHOA! and they like idk what my ohone is lol.

Just now, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Well my argument against this was always how people who have kids and work with kids are always concerned with cyberbullying and such. Well, who's enabling them to be victims of cyberbully or to cyberbully? Why does a 13 year old need the same powerful mobile devices that CEOs use? 

So True... If i will have kid's im gona be like: No, you wont get that Iphone 18 now your only 12!

You should check your bios options, as well as reinstall your Graphics Drivers. Also try reinstalling your Acer drivers. If you are currently running a custom install of windows (not the factory image) then you Have to make sure that drivers are reinstalled. Especially on gaming laptops. There is likely a controller driver that enables your GFX card when Plugged in (usually how gaming laptops form 2015 work)

7 minutes ago, sterixir said:

Over here aswell and im like: *looking to the left (see's 12 year old with new IPhone XS MAX), (looks down on my own phone: S7 Edge)* im like: Why the Fuck?! i didnt have a Phone until i was 14, and that was a IPhone 4 ?

Looks down to huawei p8 lite. O boy, I need a upgrade

4 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

Not to rma it. No just ask customer service about it.

Ok i will tomorrow, gona tell you how it went ._.

4 hours ago, nayman898 said:

You should check your bios options, as well as reinstall your Graphics Drivers. Also try reinstalling your Acer drivers. If you are currently running a custom install of windows (not the factory image) then you Have to make sure that drivers are reinstalled. Especially on gaming laptops. There is likely a controller driver that enables your GFX card when Plugged in (usually how gaming laptops form 2015 work)

Funny sidenote: A lot of Acer Driver's went out of "Production"

Just now, sterixir said:

Ok i will tomorrow, gona tell you how it went ._.

Sure, I'll watch out for it. But I hope not at 23:50 like this time

3 minutes ago, sterixir said:

So True... If i will have kid's im gona be like: No, you wont get that Iphone 18 now your only 12!

That, or because I'm more in the I.T. space, boy you're phone is going to be a low-mid range one and it's so going to locked down in so many ways. Same with their computers. Group policies here we come. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

4 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

Sure, I'll watch out for it. But I hope not at 23:50 like this time

No, go sleep now its already to late for you ? Sry m8 had to do it ?

4 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

That, or because I'm more in the I.T. space, boy you're phone is so going to locked down in so many ways. Same with their computers. Group policies here we come. 

Yeah true

1 minute ago, sterixir said:

No, go sleep now its already to late for you ? Sry m8 had to do it ?

Don't worry about it. But I think I am going to. See you tomorrow?

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

im gona go aswell, cya guys :)

2 hours ago, sterixir said:

Well not really, https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Sterixir/saved/jWspGX this would be as the title says my dream atm (i would buy a 1080ti used with still waranty on it, costs like arround 500 - 600 here ._. welcome to fucking Switzerland :c

You REALLY, REALLY don't need a 1080ti. Way to expensive for someone on a budget. A 1060 will play any modern game at 60+ FPS at 1080p. 

3 hours ago, sterixir said:

chill ? we are only discussing...

sorry it's just my blood boils whenever I read PUBG and/or R6

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

6 hours ago, aezakmi said:

sorry it's just my blood boils whenever I read PUBG and/or R6

I mainly play CSGO atm... but even there my Computer turns into a Toaster O.O (85°+)

On 11/12/2018 at 11:54 PM, LukeSavenije said:

Well ._. i will call him today because yesterday they were not available..

On 11/12/2018 at 11:15 PM, sterixir said:

Hi there :)

In my opinion your mom is right and believe me there are a ton of pc games that can be played smoothly on your laptop(at least over 140 of my steam library). You re just focusing mainstream but i can understand that because of your age. So i think you got two solutions here(second one is what i propose myself). Either gather money and buy a console or my suggestion, gather money and build slowly slowly a desktop(in the first comment page they proposed you some good desktop builds) and keep your laptop free of games as it will expand its life and you could use it for other more important work in the future.

On 11/12/2018 at 11:54 PM, LukeSavenije said:

So as a info for all: I called up Acer Support, and luckly i got a Guy which knew what i was talking about... 

I did all the Benchmarks again, while he looked at what the score should be and the only solution i would have, would be to send it in for a check (its not anymore on warranty) and if they would have to replace something it would cost from 260 - 300$... 

But im not sure whether it is worth it :/

On 11/14/2018 at 9:32 AM, Settlerteo said:

In my opinion your mom is right and believe me there are a ton of pc games that can be played smoothly on your laptop(at least over 140 of my steam library). You re just focusing mainstream but i can understand that because of your age. So i think you got two solutions here(second one is what i propose myself). Either gather money and buy a console or my suggestion, gather money and build slowly slowly a desktop(in the first comment page they proposed you some good desktop builds) and keep your laptop free of games as it will expand its life and you could use it for other more important work in the future.

Well the Problem (as we discoverd 2 days ago) is that my 960M isnt running the way it should be

Userbenchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/12079754

10 minutes ago, sterixir said:

So as a info for all: I called up Acer Support, and luckly i got a Guy which knew what i was talking about... 

I did all the Benchmarks again, while he looked at what the score should be and the only solution i would have, would be to send it in for a check (its not anymore on warranty) and if they would have to replace something it would cost from 260 - 300$... 

But im not sure whether it is worth it :/

that's a little much. is the gpu forced in the nvidia panel? just to ask