Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RX570 Gigabyte 4GB Temps and Gaming

dsr07mm

So since I'm having my first AMD card after many years, and now it's winter I started with heating, it's hell in my place.

Is it okay to run GPU (RX570) at 65c in some games with Enhanced Vsync and 60fps cap (Warframe etc) while in some as Fortnite when my wife is playing temps are up to 72-75c in locked 140fps ?

There are games as FIFA19, Diablo 3, Path of Exile and Resident Evil Remasters where GPU is sitting at around 50-55c only, so it's not mailfunction I assume in any way.

1080p gaming though.

My 4770k is going from 55 to 65c max, usually around 58-60c during loads. I had lower temps when I had EVO212 2 fans on it, now its some T4 CM cooler with one fan if I remember correctly.

I have huge fan intake in front, 2 outtakes at the top, 1 outtake behind and 1 intake bottom near PSU.

I mean, I can open side on case, but don't like having dust directly in PC since it's in bed room. Before upgrade I had old 770, when I was playing PUBG, temp was 78c, when I was opening case it was always at 72c MAX. So there can be improvement but I don't like it as I mentioned.

I'm really out of budget and I don't want to overheat my gpu in any way and risk with damage or anything like that, this is probably my last GPU and I would like to have it for atleast year or two since it's more then enough for my needs and 1080p gaming.

This isn't even close to overheating. As long as you don't enter the 90s the card won't have any issues. 

That said, when temps drop after taking off a side panel, that means your case has insufficient airflow. You need either more fans or more powerful ones.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X MSI B550M Mortar 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 @ CL15 - RX5700XT 660p 1TBGB & 256GB 600p Fractal Define Mini C CM V550 - Pop!_OS 20.04

41 minutes ago, dsr07mm said:

So since I'm having my first AMD card after many years, and now it's winter I started with heating, it's hell in my place.

Is it okay to run GPU (RX570) at 65c in some games with Enhanced Vsync and 60fps cap (Warframe etc) while in some as Fortnite when my wife is playing temps are up to 72-75c in locked 140fps ?

There are games as FIFA19, Diablo 3, Path of Exile and Resident Evil Remasters where GPU is sitting at around 50-55c only, so it's not mailfunction I assume in any way.

1080p gaming though.

My 4770k is going from 55 to 65c max, usually around 58-60c during loads. I had lower temps when I had EVO212 2 fans on it, now its some T4 CM cooler with one fan if I remember correctly.

I have huge fan intake in front, 2 outtakes at the top, 1 outtake behind and 1 intake bottom near PSU.

I mean, I can open side on case, but don't like having dust directly in PC since it's in bed room. Before upgrade I had old 770, when I was playing PUBG, temp was 78c, when I was opening case it was always at 72c MAX. So there can be improvement but I don't like it as I mentioned.

I'm really out of budget and I don't want to overheat my gpu in any way and risk with damage or anything like that, this is probably my last GPU and I would like to have it for atleast year or two since it's more then enough for my needs and 1080p gaming.

No where near over heating. I have an RX 480 and run most of my games at high to ultra settings with the gpu temps sitting in the mid 70s. No issue at all. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

20 hours ago, NelizMastr said:

This isn't even close to overheating. As long as you don't enter the 90s the card won't have any issues. 

That said, when temps drop after taking off a side panel, that means your case has insufficient airflow. You need either more fans or more powerful ones.

Khm khm about that.. I will play on "smart" card and say that I found problem :D

I advice that if you are under 18 skip this one (joke). Btw I bought this PC from friend, case is Cooler Master Enforcer (I will assume that he never cleared this and he had it for 3.5 years) so there is a door at front to open but only for restart button, optical drive etc, to actually open whole front side and clear filter which is in front of 200m intake fan, it requires some force and risk to break it but I needed to do that finally. This is what I saw. Me and my wife couldn't stop laughing for 10 minutes.

46080187_272850110239804_7042990081828716544_n.jpg

46165971_1806287636136608_2500529040608198656_n.jpg

3 minutes ago, dsr07mm said:

Khm khm about that.. I will play on "smart" card and say that I found problem :D

I advice that if you are under 18 skip this one (joke). Btw I bought this PC from friend, case is Cooler Master Enforcer so there is a door at front to open but only for restart button, optical drive etc, to actually open whole front side and clear filter which is in front of 200m intake fan, it requires some force and risk to break it but I needed to do that finally. This is what I saw. Me and my wife couldn't stop laughing for 10 minutes.

LOL RIP.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X MSI B550M Mortar 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 @ CL15 - RX5700XT 660p 1TBGB & 256GB 600p Fractal Define Mini C CM V550 - Pop!_OS 20.04

Now it's okay with auto fans temps are at 62c on gpu, although it's sunny day so I didnt heat my apartment. Anyhow last night I found in Wattman that I can change Target Temp from 72c to 68c, fan speeds from default 33% to hold temps at 72c, are at 35% and I get stable 68c which number where I feel comfortable. So clearing front filter will only helps now :)

Thanks everyone.