While playing ac origins my gpu rarely goes above 83%

robby999

As my cpu gets 100% and gpu is at only 83 %

Im i bottle necked ??

Ryzen 2600 running stock

1070 inno3d x2 v4

8gb ram single channel

3000 mhz

What resolution? Can you install MSI Afterburner and check individual core usage?

Off the top of my head the stock Ryzen CPU + Single channel RAM is bottlenecking you.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

if CPU is at 99-100% and GPU is less than 95%, that is a CPU bottleneck. Try overclocking the CPU since that CPU is overclockable as long as you have it in a B or X series board and have adequate cooling. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Not surprised, it's an open world Ubisoft title with 2 layers of DRM. AC Origins and its successor Odyssey LOVE to eat cores.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

3 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

if CPU is at 99-100% and GPU is less than 95%, that is a CPU bottleneck. Try overclocking the CPU since that CPU is overclockable as long as you have it in a B or X series board and have adequate cooling. 

I have msi b450 gaming plus i just got the stock cooler 

Just now, robby999 said:

I have msi b450 gaming plus i just got the stock cooler 

I have antivirus too installed in pc

That looks like CPU bottleneck. Overclock the CPU or improve graphics quality.

That should do it if I'm not wrong.

4 minutes ago, bleedblue said:

Not surprised, it's an open world Ubisoft title with 2 layers of DRM. AC Origins and its successor Odyssey LOVE to eat cores.

Yep they turn red lol

Just now, vascobrissos14 said:

That looks like CPU bottleneck. Overclock the CPU or ask improve graphics quality.

That should do it if I'm not wrong.

Settings on ultra 

Just now, vascobrissos14 said:

Well... get a 2700X then. That should fix it hehe

I could if i can exhange my 2600 its not even a month old

9 minutes ago, Lathlaer said:

What resolution? Can you install MSI Afterburner and check individual core usage?

Off the top of my head the stock Ryzen CPU + Single channel RAM is bottlenecking you.

1080p using fps  mon

This is a well known problem with AC:Origins, I've talked about it on this forum a lot. Long story short - the only way of you getting more FPS is to get a better CPU or Ubisoft to patch the game properly (Not happening). I skipped it solely because of how poorly it ran on my system, currently I'm playing Oddysey and as it has kinda the same issues but it is  A LOT better and smoother. Only if there was no crashes..

Just now, voiha said:

This is a well known problem with AC:Origins, I've talked about it on this forum a lot. The only way of you getting more FPS is to get a better CPU or Ubisoft to patch the game properly (Not happening). I skipped it solely because of how poorly it ran on my system, currently I'm playing Oddysey and as it has kinda the same issues but it is  A LOT better and smoother. Only if there was no crashes..

So game is badly optimized my rig is balanced ?

3 minutes ago, robby999 said:

So game is badly optimized my rig is balanced ?

Your PC is fine, I don't want to use the "the game is badly optimized" card but yes..yes it is.

I get around 60% GPU usage and 100% CPU all times, in Oddysey both the GPU and CPU hovers around 90 to 100%.

Strangely I saw some YouTube videos with guys that has the same CPU as I do on 1080p and they have better Frames, a friend of mine has Ryzen 1700x IIRC, and he doesn't has issues, so I guess it's just a hit or miss with that game.

9 minutes ago, voiha said:

Your PC is fine, I don't want to use the "the game is badly optimized" card but yes..yes it is.

I get around 60% GPU usage and 100% CPU all times, in Oddysey both the GPU and CPU hovers around 90 to 100%.

Strangely I saw some YouTube videos with guys that has the same CPU as I do on 1080p and they have better Frames, a friend of mine has Ryzen 1700x IIRC, and he doesn't has issues, so I guess it's just a hit or miss with that game.

Is clocking for 200 mhz worth it ? On stock cooler on far cry too core gets red 

But i dont see fps drops and gpu is under 60-70 

20 minutes ago, robby999 said:

Is clocking for 200 mhz worth it ? On stock cooler on far cry too core gets red 

But i dont see fps drops and gpu is under 60-70 

What do you mean by red ? If your CPU temperature hovers around 70-80C is alright if it goes higher then there is no reason to stress the CPU for that little of gain.
It's ok to overclock your components only if it's stable.

60-70C for GPU under load is good

37 minutes ago, voiha said:

What do you mean by red ? If your CPU temperature hovers around 70-80C is alright if it goes higher then there is no reason to stress the CPU for that little of gain.
It's ok to overclock your components only if it's stable.

60-70C for GPU under load is good

Core 1 usage gets 97 -100 in far cry too but its stable i guess runs at constant 60 fps

Witcher must gpu demanding as cpu usage is 70 or below and gpu is 99%

Should i try to change my cpu or oc this one 

Other games too are cpu demanding or only few are

2 minutes ago, robby999 said:

Core 1 usage gets 97 -100 in far cry too but its stable i guess runs at constant 60 fps

Witcher must gpu demanding as cpu usage is 70 or below and gpu is 99%

Should i try to change my cpu or oc this one 

Other games too are cpu demanding or only few are

It depends on your budget, if you have money to blow and you want better performance then why not but if you don't..then I guess this build is sufficient for current gaming.

3 minutes ago, voiha said:

It depends on your budget, if you have money to blow and you want better performance then why not but if you don't..then I guess this build is sufficient for current gaming.

Just got it month ago return window is closed so seller wont take it back either 

So games are likely to be  cpu demanding?

Or just few games need it

1 minute ago, robby999 said:

Just got it month ago return window is closed so seller wont take it back either 

So games are likely to be  cpu demanding?

Or just few games need it

Depends on the game. Games tends to be GPU intensive so it's like 60/40 (GPU/CPU), but it can be the other way around.

2 minutes ago, voiha said:

Depends on the game. Games tends to be GPU intensive so it's like 60/40 (GPU/CPU), but it can be the other way around.

Are there particular settings can be toned down for cpu 

7 minutes ago, robby999 said:

Are there particular settings can be toned down for cpu 

Yes, physics settings , supersampling , Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (SSAO) , Post-Processing , Draw Distance (Render Distance) etc.

overall CPU heavy details are:

Physics
Sound
Animation & Animation Interpolation
Particles
Decals
Polygons
Dynamic Lighting/Shadows
Water reflection

1 minute ago, voiha said:

Yes, physics settings , supersampling , Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (SSAO) , Post-Processing , Draw Distance (Render Distance) etc.

If i manage to oc 150/200 mhz how much more gpu will i be able utilize