NZXT Kraken x72 - Corsair Vengeance RGB issue

CA8OOS3

Hello, 

So let me start by telling the back story then hopefully we can come to a resolution.

Ok up until this past weekend I was running this current config no issues what’s so ever.

i7 8700k (delidded)

hyper 212 evo

GTX 1080 FE (stock)

32gb (4x8gb) Corsair Vengeance RGB (fully lit with iCue)

Corsair ML120 Pro RGB fans (x6)

Asus z370 prime p 

Samsung boot drive

seagate storage

EVGA G3 850w

H700 Nuka Cola

this weekend the only thing that changed is that I installed NZXT Kraken x72 for my CPU and NZXT Kraken x52 w/ Kraken G12 to cool down my GTX 1080 FE

now with this installed I of course downloaded and installed the latest version of CAM for the coolers..

Now the fun stuff happens and maybe someone can give an explanation or provide a fix

so after CAM was installed I went into the software and started setting up the coolers and fan curves and such. All of a sudden my pc shuts off then goes into a constant reboot loop that will never make it past the bios loading screen. So after a bit of trouble shooting this only seems to happen when I have all 4 ram modules in the system lit up... now I get what your thinking, it’s obvious that the ram is bad... so now I bring you the rest of the scenario...with 3 sticks fully lit the system posts and gets into Windows. Now from here I thought something crazy and just set all the module colors to black so they are not lit and no extra communication going through the system.. once ram is set to black I am able to reinstall the 4the stock and turn off its lights and everything works fine... the moment I turn on lights within 5 minutes the PC Boot loops again...

so my my question is what would cause my system to boot loop like that with just turning on RGB lights on ram. With 3 sticks or less RGB lights Works 

I look forward to seeing what everyone has to say.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB SL 3600mhz GPU: RTX 3060TI SSD: WD Black 1TB NVME SDD: WD Black 500GB NVME

Btw I have tested the ram and all tests passed

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB SL 3600mhz GPU: RTX 3060TI SSD: WD Black 1TB NVME SDD: WD Black 500GB NVME

maybe its not the ram.

maybe the block is to tight or lacks even pressure on the cpu

I also had an issue with rgb ram. I had to disable a feature in the bios to make it function properly. I think it was "spd"

im not at home right now so I cannot verify the setting

So I’ve double checked all that... what I’m thinking is there a conflict between CAM and Corsair I’m not sure but I will continue testing 

ICue or link cause same issue when cam is involved as well

Latest cam I have tried 2 dimms and it seems to work fine, 3 dimms work fine when I introduce a 4th one cause of to boot loop... prior to krakens, hyper 212 worked fine with all 4 dimms

No RGB fans, cam is just controlling the RGB on the cooler and the pump itself

are both launching auto at start up?

can we disabling both software's from start up.

start one or the other check for stability before starting the other

They both are on startup... what happens is I hear the noise like a driver detected then it crashes... let me make those changes and see what happens

so I killed cam process then opened link to set lighting profile, once again system just shuts off and reboots into a boot loop...I power off.. I take out a stick of ram and able to boot again shut off all the lights by setting them to black... system works flawlessly again...I dunno I am at a loss lol

Sure it not link that's the problem I had to switch to using icue and uninstall corsair link

I’ve tried with iCue and Link and it produces the result

lets stick with one or the other till we get this worked out. From my experiences Icue has been more stable.

can we try launching CAM first. Than the other

• 4 weeks later...

what do you have for rgb/fan peripherals? i had an issue with my hue not allowing my pc to boot(something to do with the usb 2.0) is ur case s.m.a.r.t. and are u using it? hue? grid? commander? might be best to unplug those devices introducing one at a time until you find the one thats causing issues?