Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why doesn't Linus know about the Matebook X Pro?

techiemind

I watched the WAN show on Friday and heard Linus talk about how all his laptops have something missing. But he's never even talked about Huawei's Matebook X Pro on any video that I've seen (I've seen almost all of them). Anyone know why our fearless leader is blind to this computer? 

As I heard him whine about the lack of battery life on the razer blade, the bad keyboard on the Dell XPS 13, and the lack of a TB3 on the surface laptop. All I could think about is how much he would love this laptop and how it checks every box for Linus.

Is it that Huawei hasn't reached out?

Is it that the Chinese brands aren't to his liking?

Please help me understand this or someone please tell Linus to take a look at this computer that should of had a review on his channel at the start of the year.

Hell dbrand is making skins for the damn thing so he can get a sponsor for the video. 

He generally doesnt go out of his way to buy stuff just to review it... almost everything he reviews is either a paid sponsor spot, or was sent to him by the manufacture or a 3rd party like dbrand. This is likely why hes never done a review on it as he likely never got a sample to test and look at. 

PSU Tier List Thread | Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | Corsair HX850 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

He talked about it briefly. Maybe he is going to do a review on it

When was this and in which video/Social Media? Did I miss this?

I don't think anyone has forgotten about it, its just that its its basically been abandoned by its creators and it has a ton of hardware issues. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | CPU: R5 2600 | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 16GB 2666 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 10 | Storage: 480GB PNY SSD & 2TB WD Green HDD | PSU: Corsair CX600M | Display: Dell 27 Gaming Monitor S2719DGF 1440p @155Hz, Dell UZ2215H 21.5" 1080p, ViewSonic VX2450wm-LED 23.6" 1080p | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G303 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

He generally doesnt go out of his way to buy stuff just to review it... almost everything he reviews is either a paid sponsor spot, or was sent to him by the manufacture or a 3rd party like dbrand. This is likely why hes never done a review on it as he likely never got a sample to test and look at. 

Yeah I can understand that. I wounder why Huawei didn't reach out to him to do a review like Mr. Mobile... 

Just now, techiemind said:

Yeah I can understand that. I wounder why Huawei didn't reach out to him to do a review like Mr. Mobile... 

They may have been approached and turned it down or they got a sample of it but felt it wasnt good and didnt warrant a video about it? They have done that in the past as well. 

PSU Tier List Thread | Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | Corsair HX850 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, DrMacintosh said:

I don't think anyone has forgotten about it, its just that its its basically been abandoned by its creators and it has a ton of hardware issues. 

I haven't had any hardware issues with mine... Its actually the best laptop I've ever owned. My last two laptops being a Macbook Pro 15 (2017) and a razer blade. Why do you say its been abandoned? I'm getting a lot of software/driver updates so the software team hasn't abandoned it.

1 minute ago, techiemind said:

I haven't had any hardware issues with mine... Its actually the best laptop I've ever owned. My last two laptops being a Macbook Pro 15 (2017) and a razer blade. Why do you say its been abandoned? I'm getting a lot of software/driver updates so the software team hasn't abandoned it.

I wouldn't rule it out yet. It still has a place on Sh*t Manufacturers say.

4 minutes ago, techiemind said:

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | CPU: R5 2600 | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 16GB 2666 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 10 | Storage: 480GB PNY SSD & 2TB WD Green HDD | PSU: Corsair CX600M | Display: Dell 27 Gaming Monitor S2719DGF 1440p @155Hz, Dell UZ2215H 21.5" 1080p, ViewSonic VX2450wm-LED 23.6" 1080p | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G303 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball

4 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

I've been following the problems with the Matebook since its launch and the only one in the list of problems on the list in this post that happens on almost every laptop is the track pad rattle. Almost no one gets distortion on the speakers, the bottom creaking is actually the bottom its the battery inside or the panel not screwed in properly, the fingerprint isn't even an issue anymore after the first batch they fixed the drivers and sent out a new bios, and the mic was fixed with that too. 

I do have coil whine but it almost inaudible. I have to put me ear to the back of the computer right where the mosfets are to hear it. 

A lot of these issues where fixed after the first batch.  

1 minute ago, techiemind said:

I've been following the problems with the Matebook since its launch and the only one in the list of problems on the list in this post that happens on almost every laptop is the track pad rattle. Almost no one gets distortion on the speakers, the bottom creaking is actually the bottom its the battery inside or the panel not screwed in properly, the fingerprint isn't even an issue anymore after the first batch they fixed the drivers and sent out a new bios, and the mic was fixed with that too. 

I do have coil whine but it almost inaudible. I have to put me ear to the back of the computer right where the mosfets are to hear it. 

Ok now even after all of that it’s still a Chinese product with a red phone right to Beijing 

41 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

everything

needs to make money

silly faces as thumbnail pics for the vids

popular products

34 minutes ago, techiemind said:

Well even if it does have a bit of coil whine the Matebook seems like a decent laptop for the price, LTT might not want to review it because it isn't a popular product from a well known brand like a Dell XPS or a Razer Blade that will get a ton of views.

2 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

LTT might not want to review it

They wont make a profit for the time and money spent on the video.

40 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Chinese product with a red phone right to Beijing 

Completely unconfirmed, but completely agreeable. I don't like buying from Chinese companies for this reason (among others).

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

2 minutes ago, MandoPanda said:

Completely unconfirmed, but completely agreeable. I don't like buying from Chinese companies for this reason (among others).

You do realize Chinese companies do make top quality products right?

1 hour ago, Canada EH said:

You do realize Chinese companies do make top quality products right?

Did I bring that into question??? Is that even what my comment was about?? Did you even read my comment?

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

well the non-pro was a pretty bad laptop. the Pro on the other hand does seem like a decent kit.

i would own it if my 2012/13 hp Probook would decide to die allready. i might end up with a later iteration of the matebook or perhaps a surface series or any other series that decide to do 3:2. 

also yes, reinstalling windows on laptops do cause some issues at times. like on my Hp where it broke my touchpad drivers and i had to manually reinstall them. (it worked but it had no gestures and or palm rejection).

On 11/12/2018 at 1:54 AM, MandoPanda said:

Did I bring that into question??? Is that even what my comment was about?? Did you even read my comment?

Yup I did read your comment. Blanket statements are like that.

On 11/11/2018 at 11:45 PM, DrMacintosh said:

Chinese product with a red phone right to Beijing 

Eh it can't be any worse than Google, amazon, Facebook, twitter, NSA, GCHQ, CSIS, etc spying

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Linus is an astute business man, nothing would escape his or his teams notice. Either they aren't interesting in the product or they are working on a video for it.