Looking for a solid Desk (free shipping in easten Canada)

Ilnez

Hey guys,

I currently have one of those crappy cardboard-inside desks from Ikea and I'm looking to upgrade it. I recently purchased a two-monitor stand and a single monitor stand (c-clamp VESA mounts) for my ultrawide and my two 1080p monits. The Dual-clamp is like 16 lbs by itself and I have to assume each of the monitors is at least another 15 lb or so (they're 24 and 21 inch respectively).

I'm looking for a nice solid wood desk that is finished that is sturdy enough to mount these on. I can't simply get one of the countertops from ikea for two reasons: they're not finished and I live in an appartment and don't have any place to stain and sand it and second of all, I need a desk that is at most 60". The ikea tabletops are 70 something and that's simply too big for my space.

If anyone has a setup like this please let me know, i'd really know what to buy. it's starting to look more and more like an expensive sitting/standing desk is the only thing I can find with the requirements of construction and an open back that I need and I really don't want to spend 1k CAD on a desk if there's something just as good that I can buy as a sitting only desk.

I'm sure something has to exist but all I see are people using ikea desks and because of the single-point weight of the two-monitor vesa mount I don't think I can trust something with cardboard inside!

Thanks so much

hm, you should look for something used, I have one of those tanker desks but it's less than 60", is really sturdy tho, made of metal and a wooden top surface

I know how those ikea-like desks are, I had one, literally cracked in two because my monitor is too heavy (19" tube)

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Just buy IKEA counter top. Bought a month ago and it's litttddd