All Around, Simple Gaming Laptop Around 1000$

Mou12

I'm looking for a laptop around 1000-1400$. Not too much flex overall and good for some gaming and, (at least medium settings for most games) (Ultrabook or at least near that, nothing too bulky). I've seen laptops such as Dell Xps 13/15, Lg Gram, Surface Laptop 2, Microsoft Surface Book 2. I'm still not sure what to choose, should I wait till Cyber Monday? Any other laptop suggestions? 

Where are you from? Any preference on weight and battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

If you want good enough gaming performance in an ultrabook form factor it will be quite tough at that price point. Even with more money they are still the fundamental law of physics and thin and lights aren't the greatest when it comes to thermals.

No prefrence on either, I live in the US and the closest thing I have found is a dell xps 15 2 in 1 laptop. AMD Graphics and 1300$. Not sure about the thermal throttling though..

9 hours ago, Mou12 said:

dell xps 15 2 in 1

It's not a 'gaming' laptop

On 11/12/2018 at 7:37 AM, Mou12 said:

at least medium settings for most games

nothing too bulky

You want at least a 1050TI. Since you have no preference on weight and battery life, go for bulkier gaming laptops with better cooling, however I will drop out those over 2.5kg:

With 1060:

CyberpowerPC Tracer III 15 Xtreme with 144Hz IPS

CyberpowerPC Tracer III 17 Xtreme with 144Hz IPS

HP Omen 15t dc with 144Hz IPS

Asus GL504GM

MSI GP63

Lenovo Legion Y530

With 1050TI:

Asus GL503GE

Lenovo Legion Y730 15

Lenovo Legion Y530 with 144Hz IPS

Eluktronics NB50TK1

If you feel like I missed out some options, do mention it

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

18 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

You want at least a 1050TI. Since you have no preference on weight and battery life, go for bulkier gaming laptops with better cooling.

I don't mine of the laptop is not 'gaming' but I'm just looking for something that can run medium settings and up.

18 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

You want at least a 1050TI. Since you have no preference on weight and battery life, go for bulkier gaming laptops with better cooling, however I will drop out those over 2.5kg:

With 1060:

Asus GL504GM

MSI GP63

Lenovo Legion Y530

With 1050TI:

Asus GL503GE

Lenovo Legion Y730 15

Lenovo Legion Y530 with 144Hz IPS

Eluktronics NB50TK1

If you feel like I missed out some options, do mention it

Out of all of those, the Lenovo Y730 seemed the closest to what I want however a smaller screen is more preferred. Also, I'm not sure if it's on sale but it seems pretty cheap for its performance and build

but it seems pretty cheap for its performance and build

If your worried about the build quality on the Lenovo legion laptops you shouldn't be since its normally excellent(I owned a y520 last year with no problems) 

4 hours ago, Mou12 said:

however a smaller screen is more preferred

You mean 14 inch and below?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/14/2018 at 3:27 AM, GeneXiS_X said:

You mean 14 inch and below?

Sorry for the late reply, I don't know what I was thinking earlier. I don't mind anything 15.6" and below. However, a 14" for that laptop would be nice. 

1 minute ago, Mou12 said:

Sorry for the late reply, I don't know what I was thinking earlier. I don't mind anything 15.6" and below. However, a 14" for that laptop would be nice. 

This is what I saw about the Y730 

Great Components, Bad Keyboard and Chassis

"While I love the CPU/GPU/RAM/M.2 Drive hardware I was able to get at the price point I purchased my Y730 Leigon for. I have a few concerns regarding build quality, specifically around the laptop chassis, keyboard, and screen.

Chassis: The chassis feels cheaply made. Where the upper and lower parts of the case meet, above the USB port closest to the power port, when you press on the top of the chassis there is a noticeable snapping sound, as if the seams do not line up correctly. There is obvious light leak coming through seams closest to the heat sinks from the RGB lights. The screen bezel seems to not 100% line up with the clam shell holding the screen in place. The white LEDs that lable various I/O ports on the back are not a equal and consistent brightness and do not fully light each pictograph ( Half of the LAN pictograph is much brighter). Keyboard: The keyboard has given me issues as well (Already warrantied once). First, the space bar did not register when typing all the time. Now it seems the RGB lights behind the macro keys to the left of the main keyboard flicker. Seeing the flickering happens when you are typing or the machine is being moved, it is looking like hardware. That is not great. Display: The screen, when displaying any shade of deep blue shows obvious vertical lines where the pixels are organized into. The only other display I have seen this in is a Dell LCD I own from 2008.

I experienced none of these build quality concerns with a T480s I used at my old job for work. I might have been wrong to assume that all Lenovo products are built to the same standard. "

3 hours ago, Mou12 said:

snip

Looks like the person above got a lemon. QC issue may happen in every model, including business ones

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

13 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Looks like the person above got a lemon. QC issue may happen in every model, including business ones

Also, in my last comment, I meant that it was pretty large overall, not the screen.