How do I restore my motherboard`s BIOS?

I have been using an Asus P8H77-M as my motherboard, it worked well for a few months until with no aparently reason it started to behave strange. According to the info I got in forums people call it Cold Boot. The computer starts, but it hasn't any video output (when I say any, it's literally any, Normally when I say that people understand it hasn't video output after the system boot, but that's not the case, I'm not even able to access BIOS), and keep on until after some seconds or minutes it just restart and keep stuck in that bootloop for minutes, or hours or even days (yes, I already left the PC in that state for days until it turned on).

I'm sure any other components aren't causing this issue, I already replaced my componentes for other working componentes and didn't resolve. The only component I couldn't replace was exactly the motherboard because I couldn't find other LGA 1155 motherboard.

The last time it happened it took almost one week to finally turn on. I couldn't take anymore of this, then I searched on internet for a definitive solution. I found a guy on a forum describing he had exactly the same problem with a LGA 1155 motherboard and he solved it just by reflashing BIOS. Then I went to Asus website, downloaded the latest BIOS version available (that was already installed), put it on a pendrive and flashed it. The motherboard kept with the same problem and now doesn't unstuck from the bootloop.

Now I want to replace my motherboard's BIOS chip, I could remove the chip with my fingers since it's not attached to the motherboard. If I can buy another chip and write my BIOS again, should it work normally? Also, what I would need to that? Do I need anything else than the new chip and a PIC writer?

Try take out the lithium batteries and put them back in again. On that motherboard the battery is right above the first PCIE slot.

Gaming PC: i5 8600k @ 5GHz | 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz RGB | ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E | ASUS TURBO GTX 1080 8GB | Corsair H115i Pro RGB | Corsair CX750M | 240GB Crucial SSD | 500GB Seagate 7200rpm | NZXT H500 TG | Windows 10 64 Bit Professional

Peripherals: Corsair K70 LUX (Cherry MX Red) Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro & Antlion ModMic 4 Razer Deathadder Chroma 2013 Fiio E10k DAC & AMP

you missed (or forgot to mention) one vital component: the CMOS battery. run to the local supermarket, buy a CR2032, and replace that thing.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

you missed (or forgot to mention) one vital component: the CMOS battery. run to the local supermarket, buy a CR2032, and replace that thing.

I`ve already replaced the battery and I was already sure that wasn't the problem.m

3 minutes ago, Geotropism said:

Try take out the lithium batteries and put them back in again. On that motherboard the battery is right above the first PCIE slot.

I`ve already done that.

Remove your GPU and plug your monitor into your motherboard to boot with the iGPU.

Test a different PSU as well, but not at the same time as testing the GPU.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

11 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Remove your GPU and plug your monitor into your motherboard to boot with the iGPU.

Test a different PSU as well, but not at the same time as testing the GPU.

Haven't you read the thread, right?