IPhone 8 vs Galaxy 9+?

Petikeki

I'm trying to decide between these 2. Which one should I get and why?

I saw an s9+ for 666 dollars.

Definately S9+.

Some Reasons:

-much thinner bezels

-significantly higher resolution that can also be adjusted to save power

-way more features like Always On Display and Stereo Speakers

-usually cheaper

I personally use a Galaxy S9, it's not comparable to iPhone 8's mediocre and outdated specs.

-Kevin-

Why only these 2 phones? There are other great phones like the OnePlus 6T and Xiaomi Mi 8.

PC: Case: Cooler Master CM690 II - PSU: Cooler Master G650M - RAM: Transcend 4x 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz - MoBo: Gigabyte Z87x-D3H - CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5Ghz - GPU: MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC - Hard disks: 4x 500Gb Seagate enterprise in RAID 0 - SSD: Crucial M4 128Gb

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6

19 hours ago, krkevin said:

Definately S9+.

Some Reasons:

-much thinner bezels

-significantly higher resolution that can also be adjusted to save power

-way more features like Always On Display and Stereo Speakers

-usually cheaper

I personally use a Galaxy S9, it's not comparable to iPhone 8's mediocre and outdated specs.

There is nothing mediocre about the iPhone 8! And the Apple A11 chip kicks butt. It’s just a great phone. And iOS 12 is awesome compared to the bloated and ugly TouchWiz interface on the Samsung. 

The Samsung S9 just looks sleeker tho. The screen is far better and larger. But the iPhone 8 probably has better speakers. 

Personally, I would go for the iPhone because you experience the phone through the software. Everything else is almost secondary. And Apple beats Samsung with software. It’s not even fair. 

8 hours ago, Joelw2003 said:

the mi8's videos is bad stabilisation doesn't really work but I agree that the op6t should be a option unless the camera is really important, then s9+ is the clear winner. 

Everything about that sentence isn't true, stability isn't a issue with the s9 and 'last longer' isn't true either, software, sure, hardware no.

I mean... my experience with Android devices at that they're good... until they're not.  My s7 shat it self after a little while.  Also iphones get updated for much longer and in my experiences its just easier to get more year out of them.  I switched to apple cause I like to keep my devices for like 5 years.  But if you want to upgrade every year or even every 2 years an android should be fine.