Crash relating to maple story 2 and league of legends

Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,
Just now, Dantoshou said:

This happens after the crash if he reboots it just boots windows, oh and the model of the PC is the Alienware Aurora R4 (which might be why it actually runs destiny 2 fairly well looking at the specs)

That motherboard uses an old i5, try a BIOS update to see if the SATA controller on the motherboard doesn't like the SSD, and also redownload drivers.

Hi LTT forums

I'm trying to help a friend who has very specific crashes that happen when playing certain games. 

I originally thought he had a failing hard drive and to this end he has got a new SSD and we have just gone through and installed windows, he then ran maple story 2 on his pc and the same crash happened, you get through the intro sequence, he can move around a little bit but then the game crashes out, there is a message about the hard drive not being mounted anymore, but this can't be the case as the SSD is a fresh install and if it had unmounted, the whole pc would have crashed. 

He can play monster hunter world, destiny 2 and other big games no problem, but league of legends and maple story 2 crash with this specific issue.

The pc is an Alienware Aurora R2 

Graphics card Nvidia GTX 560ti (unsure on manufacturer)
SSD Drevo 240GB X1 
16GB DDR3 ram? 

I'm hoping this is something simple like a ram issue, if anyone has any ideas please let us know as he is struggling to get this to work.

Thanks in advance

Wow playing destiny on a 560ti, sounds like fun.

Have you tried any synthetic stress tests? Also, screenshot and Google the exact error message so that you get a better idea of what it means.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

36 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Wow playing destiny on a 560ti, sounds like fun.

Have you tried any synthetic stress tests? Also, screenshot and Google the exact error message so that you get a better idea of what it means.

he hasn't tried any stress tests yet, and apparently, this is the error he is getting.

JPEG_20181003_163003.jpg

40 minutes ago, Dantoshou said:

he hasn't tried any stress tests yet, and apparently, this is the error he is getting.

JPEG_20181003_163003.jpg

change boot order of drives in bios or manually select the correct drive

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

33 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

change boot order of drives in bios or manually select the correct drive

This happens after the crash if he reboots it just boots windows, oh and the model of the PC is the Alienware Aurora R4 (which might be why it actually runs destiny 2 fairly well looking at the specs)

Just now, Dantoshou said:

That motherboard uses an old i5, try a BIOS update to see if the SATA controller on the motherboard doesn't like the SSD, and also redownload drivers.

Primary PC:

3 hours ago, fasauceome said:

It doesn't appear to be a problem with the hardware in terms of stressing it, he actually has an i7 that gets a higher PassMark score than my Ryzen 1600 installed, it's just the GPU that's not great.

He has got the latest drivers but I'll have to go through the BIOS update option with him.

Crash moment.png

1 minute ago, Dantoshou said:

It doesn't appear to be a problem with the hardware in terms of stressing it, he actually has an i7 that gets a higher PassMark score than my Ryzen 1600 installed, it's just the GPU that's not great.

I meant in terms of the tech, not the performance. That motherboard was around pre SSD, so it's a decent chance it doesn't want to play nice

Primary PC:

image.thumb.png.f345dcf244c6f52a6f5754cc687ab5b1.png

Crash Temps - I noticed that even at idle the temps were this high when booting the game I saw temp 1 reach 80 degrees and then level out, they seem high but he isn't getting a blue screen or anything.