Server hdd not showing up in os

MojangYang

Hi guys, I recently bought a old hp ProLiant dl385 g6 server. I have done a few posts about it already. Problems came and went.

i decided to install windows 10 pro for now. At raid config, it says there is one logical drive.

after installing the os, I when to my pc but only saw one drive, the C:.

wtf? There are 8 HDDs installed. If it’s running raid1 they it should have 4 logical drives.

can anyone tell me how to make the HDDs show up to the server?

10 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

How did you setup the raid? Pics? 

If you want 4 raid 1's, you have to make 4 logical drives.

I don’t no I just pressed f8 after raid config in post on startup. It said there is one logical drive. I don’t know how to create one

6 minutes ago, MojangYang said:

I don’t no I just pressed f8 after raid config in post on startup. It said there is one logical drive. I don’t know how to create one

Please take a pic of the raid config with your phone and post it.

Also what size is the drive Windows is detecting and how big are the 8 drives you have installed?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

9 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Please take a pic of the raid config with your phone and post it.

Also what size is the drive Windows is detecting and how big are the 8 drives you have installed?

Unfortunately I just shut the server down. Should I boot it back up?

i have installed 6 146 go hdd and two 72gb hdd. In the file explorer, it shows the c drive has about 70 gb space in total. I think the 2 72gb HDDs are fine because their led are flashing in a similar way, and they are the c drive in raid1

10 hours ago, MojangYang said:

Then you need to go into the raid menu(shows the key combo at bootup, often something like ctrl + r, or look in the manual for the raid card or server)

1 hour ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Then you need to go into the raid menu(shows the key combo at bootup, often something like ctrl + r, or look in the manual for the raid card or server)

Thanks I will check