YouTube are deleting game hacking and modding channels

Master Disaster
11 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

Aren't all of those banned around here, except maybe the last two? ?

P2P in itself isnt banned, only if you want to download some shady stuff... :D

1 hour ago, Sfekke said:

YouTube just wants to prevent them from getting into trouble over people modding games or their engines and putting tutorials/showcases of it on YouTube.

Understandable but .. what happened to "Broadcast yourself" what if you are seriously into that; I'm partially in that scene without annoying others or hurting the companies it pains me to see this.

I'm seriously considering taking down my PS3 CFW Tutorial, and scrapped plans for the followup.

TL;DR:

I see why, yet I'm against them doing this.

Well what happened to self-responsibility? If a cheater wants to cheat, let him/her try. If the anti-cheating system caught the cheater, he or she will just be banned either permanently or temporary. There's no proper reason to remove these videos from the web. 

Desktops

- The specifications of my almighty machine:

MB: MSI Z370-A Pro || CPU: Intel Core i3 8350K 4.00 GHz || RAM: 20GB DDR4  || GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX1070 || Storage: 1TB HDD & 250GB HDD  & 128GB x2 SSD || OS: Windows 10 Pro & Ubuntu 21.04

1 hour ago, Master Delta Chief said:

Well what happened to self-responsibility? If a cheater wants to cheat, let him/her try. If the anti-cheating system caught the cheater, he or she will just be banned either permanently or temporary. There's no proper reason to remove these videos from the web. 

That's a good point.

Besides if that a video gets popular, that cheat/exploit gets patched in no-time.

People often forget this and bump right into the anti-cheat ;)

Personal opinion incoming :

I don't mind cheats & mods that tamper with any/all offline games. Unless you start messing with the leaderboards/ranks, my moral compass doesn't point to that direction and neither does it for many others.

Online games, like Grand Theft Auto: Online should have a 'private lobby' option where mod-menus/custom vehicles or even drastic changes of the game are allowed. Now we have to use Five-M, to be on the safe side for offline modding you need to have a double copy of the game; people get banned for modding their SP game.

Problem is they want to milk every drop out of that game, with hour long grinds. I still enjoy doing them legitimately and try out the new cars in SP before buying them in MP; many don't spawned in millions called it a day.

Well that's a wall of text, not saying that this is the end all & be all of how cheating/modding should be handled; I realize the biggest hole is leaderboards in offline games.

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

Like last week I was watching Splattercat stream on Twitch. He made mention that Lets Plays on YouTube are pretty much dead at this point. Its like YouTube is pushing gaming content off their platform. He said most of the lets players are moving to Twitch or other platforms. Thats all that will happen here, these people will find new platforms and YouTube will loose those views. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.