I can't connect to Steam, Whatsapp Web or Reddit (maybe more)

Ok guys, this is my first post on the forum, probably my first post on a forum ever. I don't know how this works, but maybe you can help me. Yesterday I was playing on Steam without any problem, and I use Whatsapp Web constantly to save phone battery so I'm sure that was working fine as well. because I was also using it yesterday. Today I tried to start up steam and a familiar pop-up appeared saying that I had no connection, giving me the option to start Steam without a connection. Which is weird, because I was watching YouTube (LTT contect, actually). I refreshed YouTube and it was working perfectly, but retrying to connect to Steam was not working. So I clicked on the Steam pop-up where it says "Network troubleshooting tips". This took me to a steam support page on Chrome aaand... it isn't working either. So I started looking it up on Google: "can't connect to Steam". I found a Reddit thread, I click on it, can't reach the site either. Meanwhile, Google, YouTube, Facebook are still working. So I thought it had to do with some parental control or something like that (I am a mexican student in Vancouver BC, renting a room). However, I can access Whatsapp, Reddit and Steam on my phone through the exact same Wi-Fi network, so I'm guessing it has nothing to do with parental control. I also checked apps in the firewall and Steam is allowed. What's going on guys? xD Does any of you know how to fix this? Why are some site working while others are not and only on my laptop.

PD. I am writting this on my laptop so this is one of the sites that actually works, and I just checked and Spotify is not working either.

for starters, i would recommend to power cycle your router and modem. seems like something caused it to prevent connections to specific servers/services  its the easiest thing to try before you start changing any software settings

Photography / Finance / Gaming

41 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

What happens if you turn your windows firewall off?

I just tried and it still won't work. I just noticed that a lot of other sites won't work either. Toms Hardware, answers.microsoft , Amazon.ca, hotmail.com, technipages.com, bleepingcomputer.com, superuser.com, etc. And just like before, Google Search, Google Drive, Youtube, Facebook and linustechtips.com are still working. The Win10 Xbox app can't connect, the Microsoft Store app works just fine. I also tried restarting the computer, flushing dns, restarting again (after flushing dns) and clearing caché in Chrome. I'm going to try mok's suggestion.

What DNS server(s) are you using? Try changing to something like Google (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4), Quad9 (9.9.9.9 and 149.112.112.112), or Cloudflare (1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1)

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: