Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Semi-professional monitor quest

ByeToTheMac

Heya people, long-term mac user here. 

I've recently decided to build a computer after years of blissful hardware ignorance using a mac. I've pretty much decided the build but I'm completely lost when it comes to monitors. After an extensive research I'm not sure I'm any wiser on the matter, so I decided to register and ask (cry) for help.

Basically I'm looking for something along these lines:

900$ max. budget.
Color accurate
Wide color gamut (100% sRGB required, 99% Adobe RGB ideal)
>=1440p
Reliable: No noticeable backlight bleed, shadowing, color shifting, etc.

Ideal features:
High pixel density
FreeSync
>=75Hz
VESA
Usb-C
Quality customer service

Ultrawide

Out of the question/Not necessary:
G-Sync
HDR

My aim is to use it for the seldom gaming session as well but mostly I'll need to use it for work (graphic/audiovisual). I've looked extensively into Ultrawides but, being used to retina screens, I'm concerned the pixel density will be an unseeable issue, have you guys experienced a jarring transition of sorts in similar cases?

I'm also worried about backlight problems and similar issues, most of the product reviews I've seen so far always have a non-negligible number of people complaining about back light or dead pixel problems so I'm curious about your experience with both products and brands.

Does anyone know or can recommend a reliable ideally-sub-900$ quality monitor within the listed parameters? 

Thanks

(Edit) These are the ones I found to be more appealing, although the only wide-gamut display is too expensive for my liking:

• 630$ LG 27UK850-W 27" 4K UHD IPS 60Hz sRGB 99%
  • 1000$ BenQ 27" 4K Photographer Monitor SW271 IPS (3840x2160), HDR, 99% Adobe RGB

Ultrawide

• 549$ LG 34UC80-B 34” (3440 X 1440) IPS 60-75Hz Freesync sRGB 99%
  • 638$ Dell UltraSharp U3415W 34” (3440x1440) IPS 60Hz No-FreeSync sRGB 99%