build own gaming PC

2 minutes ago, Fauxknight said:

Well lets see if I can break down what I said a bit more.

1. SSDs/HDD. You normally want a SSD (solid state drive - they're superfast) to run windows from, this changes your boot time to like 30 seconds instead of a couple of minutes. For general storage most people use the older style HDDs (hard disk drive) because they are cheaper for the volume of data they can hold.  The real decision here is if you want to run your games off a SSD for faster booting or since games generally take a lot of storage to just keep them on your HDD. A normal setup would be a 128GB SSD with a 2TB HDD. Note that in my build I didn't even use a HDD, just a single 500GB SSD...I don't really keep old games installed and I don't collect a lot of junk storage items, but if you need more storage extra drives are easy to add later.

More 1. There are several different types of SSD drives, they are all very fast, but some are slightly faster and cost more. The basic version that most people use is a 2.5" drive, the next step up is the M.2 (I can see a lot of people using these because they aren't too much more and are easy and clean to install), I won't even go into SSD on Pcie cards...just don't.

2. Cases have different sizes, full tower cases are monstrously huge and you pay for that extra metal (and plastic and glass and whatever). The advantage of a huge case is being able to add lots of stuff like 4 optical drives and 8 hard drives and silly stuff like that. Mid tower is a more common use size for gaming, my new midtower is on the smaller side even for a midtower, but it has room for more drives than I'll ever need (though it doesn't actually have a slot for a floppy or optical). The Corsair 750D is not too expensive of a case, but you can get something for half the price that will work just fine.

3. Basic air cooling is done with fans and heatsinks and isn't quite as strong as a water cooling/radiator set up. The thing is air cooling is generally more than adequate unless you plan overclocking your system for extra performance. When you overclock you generate a ton more heat than running at standard speeds and at that point you need a better cooling set up to make sure your don't overheat your system.

thanks a lot, but i don't know what overlocking means so yeah, but the rest i get

19 minutes ago, tathunter said:

can you please list your setup and add the exact monior+mouse+keyboard? would help a lot

I gave model numbers for almost everything. I recommend a less expensive GPU unless you really want to be bleeding edge.

Monitor, Mouse, and Keyboard gets a a little more personal for various reasons

Monitor: Your monitor set up needs to be something that fits on your desk an is the right size for you. I use one 28" to game on and one 21" on the side for other tasks. I have a desk just about the right size for this, but previously I was using 3 21" monitors all just to game on. On top of size you need to balance resolution, response time and refresh rate to what you prefer. Usually gaming monitors have faster response times and higher refresh rates, which makes them tend to be more expensive at the same resolution as  a more standard monitor, but again these are all personal preferences, go with what you like.

Keyboard: I have an old Logitech G510, it has more keys and features than I really need. I honestly could go with a newer more basic keyboard, but I've had this thing a long time, keyboards tend to last near forever. I don't think they make this thing anymore even. 

Mouse: I play a lot of MMOs which tend to require a lot of buttons. My preference for such is the Razer Naga. After burning out around 3 Nagas I'm now using the cheaper Logitech equivalent the G600 (not as nice as the Naga, but it works). And yes, mice don't last nearly as long as keyboards. Also a lot of people hate the side button set up on these MMO style mice, so again this is very personal preference here.

23 minutes ago, tathunter said:

thanks a lot, but i don't know what overlocking means so yeah, but the rest i get

Most chips have a rated speed they run at (what they are clocked at). Often times they can run faster than that, but doing so requires more power, some careful settings, and produces a crazy amount of extra heat. Pushing your components faster then they should go is called overclocking. This can apply to a variety of different components (CPU, GPU, even RAM), but in this case the watercooler was likely for the CPU. Overclocking is never really necessary, but it's all about squeezing a little extra performance out of an item.

Note that some parts come overclocked when you buy them, this is extremely common for GPUs. You'll see the same GPU series from the same manufacturer at a number of different price levels. Generally the cheapest model is the base model at stock speeds and the more expensive ones are overclocked faster and faster, but also often come with more cooling as well.

10 minutes ago, Fauxknight said:

I gave model numbers for almost everything. I recommend a less expensive GPU unless you really want to be bleeding edge.

Monitor, Mouse, and Keyboard gets a a little more personal for various reasons

Monitor: Your monitor set up needs to be something that fits on your desk an is the right size for you. I use one 28" to game on and one 21" on the side for other tasks. I have a desk just about the right size for this, but previously I was using 3 21" monitors all just to game on. On top of size you need to balance resolution, response time and refresh rate to what you prefer. Usually gaming monitors have faster response times and higher refresh rates, which makes them tend to be more expensive at the same resolution as  a more standard monitor, but again these are all personal preferences, go with what you like.

Keyboard: I have an old Logitech G510, it has more keys and features than I really need. I honestly could go with a newer more basic keyboard, but I've had this thing a long time, keyboards tend to last near forever. I don't think they make this thing anymore even. 

Mouse: I play a lot of MMOs which tend to require a lot of buttons. My preference for such is the Razer Naga. After burning out around 3 Nagas I'm now using the cheaper Logitech equivalent the G600 (not as nice as the Naga, but it works). And yes, mice don't last nearly as long as keyboards. Also a lot of people hate the side button set up on these MMO style mice, so again this is very personal preference here.

thanks a lot i think i have enough info now, if i need anything, ill post it here

1 hour ago, tathunter said:

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H115i extreme performance liquid cooler (280mm radiator), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4X4GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 960 Evo 250GB NVME M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Logitech M310 mouse, Logitech K520 keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

if i take all this, it would cost me approximately

2555 euros, so maybe that's just the best choice

You've just taken the specs from my signature... 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Just now, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

You've just taken the specs from my signature... 

Haha, I didn't even notice he did that.

Sooooo…..why do you have 3 SSDs? I can only assume you just added more as time passed and it wasn't built from scratch that way.

Just now, Fauxknight said:

Sooooo…..why do you have 3 SSDs? I can only assume you just added more as time passed and it wasn't built from scratch that way.

I took the SATA ones from my old build and bought the NVME drive when I built the new system. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

3 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

I took the SATA ones from my old build and bought the NVME drive when I built the new system. 

I should pull the SATA SSD from my old system just so I've got some extra storage, not even sure what brand it is, and don't even remember if it was 128 or 256 MB, either way smaller and not going to be as nice as the Samsung (870 Evo) I just bought. I don't really feel like reusing the HDD though, and it's only 500GB anyways.

20 hours ago, tathunter said:

Hey,

I love gaming but the PC i have at home does not really.(dell xps 8700)

I want to build my own gaming PC. How do I start and what should my budget be?

I love overwatch, Just Cause 4...

Please help me.

Kind regards

Me

Your PC already has a 4th gen intel processor on it. Maybe you just need a CPU and GPU upgrade to play newer games on it.

Can you edit you post and post the full specs so we can help you better?

Also can you least the games you plan to play in the future and what resolution you want to play at.

In addition, where are you located?

CPU: Sempron 2500+ / P4 2.8E / P4 2.6C / A64 x2 4000+ / E6420 / E8500 / i5-3470 / i7-3770
GPU: TNT2 M64 / Radeon 9000 / MX 440-SE / 7300GT / Radeon 4670 / GTS 250 / Radeon 7950 / 660 Ti