PLS HELP I think I fried my rgb+pwm controller

EPX_Rockst4r

This is my first time doing any rgb stuff, and I did some things wrong and there was smoke coming from the back of the case where the GAMEMAX rgb+pwn controller was. Is it a definite case of it being fried? I have no way of testing it also because I dont know how to connect it properly. From what I see, nothing is melted or no burn marks, but theres like a battery smell from the controller.

Motherboard=H81ME Asus PSU=Corsair cx500 GAMEMAX rgb+pwm controller has floppy connector (I tried connecting to mobo doesnt work before the incident) CASE=Cube gaming mirror

Please any help would be great because I just got this case for my birthday. (Please tell me cables I might need also). If it is fried, any replacement suggestions would be really helpful too. Thank you :D

Link of controller= http://www.gamemaxpc.com/downloaddocu/showdownload.php?lang=en&id=25

8 minutes ago, EPX_Rockst4r said:

I dont know how to connect it properly

It reads in the manual how to connect it. Where did you plug the floppy-connector in? If you put it in the wrong pins, well, there's the reason for the smoke and yes, it'd be fried.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Okay, do u have any suggestions on what to do? Would a fan hub work for rgb lights? or should I just buy 4 floppy to molex connectors? Thanks 

14 hours ago, EPX_Rockst4r said:

This is my first time doing any rgb stuff, and I did some things wrong and there was smoke coming from the back of the case where the GAMEMAX rgb+pwn controller was. Is it a definite case of it being fried? I have no way of testing it also because I dont know how to connect it properly. From what I see, nothing is melted or no burn marks, but theres like a battery smell from the controller.

Motherboard=H81ME Asus PSU=Corsair cx500 GAMEMAX rgb+pwm controller has floppy connector (I tried connecting to mobo doesnt work before the incident) CASE=Cube gaming mirror

Please any help would be great because I just got this case for my birthday. (Please tell me cables I might need also). If it is fried, any replacement suggestions would be really helpful too. Thank you :D

Link of controller= http://www.gamemaxpc.com/downloaddocu/showdownload.php?lang=en&id=25

You are best to contact the manufacture to see if they can send you a replacement that one is proprietary to Gamemax. They built in a RGB/fan controller in one using standard fan connectors for both fans and RGB.

Refer to the documentation to test:

http://www.gamemaxpc.com/upload/file/1503818564.pdf