Broken water block/dead pump for H115I, Can you buy a new block/pump for replacement?

Ok so I recently had a temps rise from 30C to 97C which caused PC to crash and become unusable. I figured out the problem was my Corsair H115I Cpu cooler.. I decided to do some digging around and I figured out how to take it apart and put it all back together. My question is this. Can you purchase a replacement block and pump to just connect to the tubing and radiator for Corsair products and if so.. where? I want to see if I can Frankenstein this thing and get it working again for kicks. I appreciate any help!

No, you can't.. At least, not a Corsair one. 

If you want to go for it, you could buy a separate pump, CPU block and some tubing and put them in the loop. 

42 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

No, you can't.. At least, not a Corsair one. 

If you want to go for it, you could buy a separate pump, CPU block and some tubing and put them in the loop. 

Would you have any suggestions for a pump/block and tubing? Also I couldnt just use the tubing that I still have connected to the radiator itself?

4 minutes ago, Jax_- said:

Would you have any suggestions for a pump/block and tubing? Also I couldnt just use the tubing that I still have connected to the radiator itself?

You'd need tubing that goes from the pump to the CPU block. Not much, but you wouldn't be able to do it with just the tubing from the cooler. 

For the CPU block, probably something from XSPC. If you go for a brand like EK, you're looking at half the price of the Corsair cooler for the CPU block alone. For the pump, a little DDC pump would do fine. Tubing, anything really. You'd need some fittings too, so you'd just need to match the tubing and fittings up.

To better explain.. Why I ask.. Ive been building and refurbishing computers since I was 10.. Ive even learned how to solder parts on, replace chips so on and so forth. With that being said.. I have a severe brain injury now due to deployment injuries.. And I cant remember names for the life of me. Ive always always always wanted to build a custom loop of my own but I just closed on a house and right now my funds are pretty low.. Ive saved every part Ive ever used in my personal pcs and leftovers from custom builds but water blocks and radiators werent part of the group of things that I would usually have left over.. So my reason for explaining this is so you know why I need guidance in knowing what kind of water blocks/tubing/pumps/Res' Id need.. Or are worth getting. 

6 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

You'd need tubing that goes from the pump to the CPU block. Not much, but you wouldn't be able to do it with just the tubing from the cooler. 

For the CPU block, probably something from XSPC. If you go for a brand like EK, you're looking at half the price of the Corsair cooler for the CPU block alone. For the pump, a little DDC pump would do fine. Tubing, anything really. You'd need some fittings too, so you'd just need to match the tubing and fittings up.

Ok awesome, I will check on those names tomorrow and Ill ask if I have any more questions!

36 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Hey so would this be a usable waterblock for an X99 2011 v3 https://www.ebay.com/itm/XSPC-RayStorm-RGB-WaterBlock-Intel-V3-Black-with-RGB-LEDs/122661628577?hash=item1c8f33eaa1:g:VEwAAOSw0xRZm0up

Have you tried RMA? Corsair coolers typically have a 5 year warranty.

16 hours ago, Jax_- said:

To note you are combining a copper based block with an aluminum rad and getting a mixed metal loop which is not recommended. You would be better to get a new AIO but if you want to tinker components from the fluid gaming line are what I would recommend since they are aluminum based. 

3 hours ago, W-L said:

To note you are combining a copper based block with an aluminum rad and getting a mixed metal loop which is not recommended. You would be better to get a new AIO but if you want to tinker components from the fluid gaming line are what I would recommend since they are aluminum based. 

Interesting, if I wanted to do same metal on rad and block and reuse the corsair rad for now what should I be looking at just to be clear on that.. Are you saying fluid gaming because they use the same metal? And I apologize Im being slow. 

13 hours ago, DevBiker said:

Have you tried RMA? Corsair coolers typically have a 5 year warranty.

I already took apart the water block, pump and tubing to drain the rad to try and fix it but I didnt think about needing to look for a replacement pump/block to just replace to the unit itself.. Which apparently isnt possible.. I bought it in 2016, but Im sure I screwed the warranty.. Oh I also had the pump power fan header pop off and I just went ahead and replaced the wire itself, which they will likely see. So Im absolutely 50% sure cause I dont really know haha that my warranty is voided..

1 minute ago, Jax_- said:

Interesting, if I wanted to do same metal on rad and block and reuse the corsair rad for now what should I be looking at just to be clear on that.. Are you saying fluid gaming because they use the same metal? And I apologize Im being slow. 

The fluid gaming units are aluminum based same as the rad, I would personally suggest to either look into a custom kit from the fluid gaming line if you are looking at doing some custom water cooling and not hack together an AIO unit. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

The fluid gaming units are aluminum based same as the rad, I would personally suggest to either look into a custom kit from the fluid gaming line if you are looking at doing some custom water cooling and not hack together an AIO unit. 

Ill go do some digging in from Fluid Gaming then, it will be a good learning curve to do that. Only way I see fixing the corsair aio itself is to just buy a whole used system and replace it but that would defeat the purpose of saving cash. Ive always wanted a custom loop.. So ill start adding things to my wish list for this upcoming cyber week and christmas shopping. Fortunately no children yet so it might just be possible. I already bought a 5 fan splitter for a custom loop and PT Nuke Biocide. Could I get any information on quick release or snap fittings? I guess that and the tubing will be the biggest issue once I get the fittings and blocks. Oh and water res.. I have a white corsair 780T full tower case and Id like to keep the white paint look. Ill be custom painting the rads unless I decide to buy one or two of them if they have white ones.

1 minute ago, Jax_- said:

Ill go do some digging in from Fluid Gaming then, it will be a good learning curve to do that. Only way I see fixing the corsair aio itself is to just buy a whole used system and replace it but that would defeat the purpose of saving cash. Ive always wanted a custom loop.. So ill start adding things to my wish list for this upcoming cyber week and christmas shopping. Fortunately no children yet so it might just be possible. I already bought a 5 fan splitter for a custom loop and PT Nuke Biocide. Could I get any information on quick release or snap fittings? I guess that and the tubing will be the biggest issue once I get the fittings and blocks. Oh and water res.. I have a white corsair 780T full tower case and Id like to keep the white paint look. Ill be custom painting the rads unless I decide to buy one or two of them if they have white ones.

If you want to use the fluid gaming stuff is all aluminum so they can only be used with plastic or aluminum blocks, fittings, etc make sure no copper or brass is in that loop or it will end poorly. 

The kits they have are a good start as long as you have a compatible GPU with their blocks as options are much more limited than copper based solutions. 

https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/ek-kit-a240g

13 minutes ago, W-L said:

If you want to use the fluid gaming stuff is all aluminum so they can only be used with plastic or aluminum blocks, fittings, etc make sure no copper or brass is in that loop or it will end poorly. 

The kits they have are a good start as long as you have a compatible GPU with their blocks as options are much more limited than copper based solutions. 

https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/ek-kit-a240g

I took a look at it, looks Like Ill be customizing the full loop and throwing out the alluminum. Im still running SLI 970GTX FTWs and probably wont upgrade till the market goes back down or if I get super lucky on ebay or some sale that comes up. I know I can find blocks for the gpus fairly easy so I guess now and I apologize what would your advice be with a begginers starter kit. Im not computer shy so Im confident doing it myself completely. I just never have till now. So to start, a waterblock, water res, pump and radiator.. I can find the rest of what I need once I have that stuff ordered. Also question.. Can I fit any tubing to the block I choose or does it need to be specific in size

2 minutes ago, Jax_- said:

I took a look at it, looks Like Ill be customizing the full loop and throwing out the alluminum. Im still running SLI 970GTX FTWs and probably wont upgrade till the market goes back down or if I get super lucky on ebay or some sale that comes up. I know I can find blocks for the gpus fairly easy so I guess now and I apologize what would your advice be with a begginers starter kit. Im not computer shy so Im confident doing it myself completely. I just never have till now. So to start, a waterblock, water res, pump and radiator.. I can find the rest of what I need once I have that stuff ordered. Also question.. Can I fit any tubing to the block I choose or does it need to be specific in size

For 970's you would be looking at new old stock or used waterblocks at this point as they are not made anymore. For copper based loops or kits to build off of if you don't want to select individual parts, I usually recommend the P series kits for the D5 pump. 

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/kits/performance-series

For tubing it depends on the fittings you choose and the size of tubing which need to match, all the blocks and components are threaded for standard G1/4"

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

For 970's you would be looking at new old stock or used waterblocks at this point as they are not made anymore. For copper based loops or kits to build off of if you don't want to select individual parts, I usually recommend the P series kits for the D5 pump. 

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/kits/performance-series

For tubing it depends on the fittings you choose and the size of tubing which need to match, all the blocks and components are threaded for standard G1/4"

Ok awesome stuff. Ill let you know what I decide to go with!

2 minutes ago, Jax_- said:

Ok awesome stuff. Ill let you know what I decide to go with!

The copper loops are quite a bit more expensive than the aluminum fluid gaming stuff which is somewhat of a middle ground between AIO's and full copper loops. 

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

The copper loops are quite a bit more expensive than the aluminum fluid gaming stuff which is somewhat of a middle ground between AIO's and full copper loops. 

Yeah your right haha, I wonder if I should just order portions of a fully custom loop over a few months and step away from the full starter sets.. Id kind of prefer that to be honest. 

8 minutes ago, W-L said:

Oh also I think if I upgrade to anything it will be a 1070.. I might sell my 2 970s super cheap on ebay and put that toward an upgrade. But Im not sure with the 2000 series coming out..

28 minutes ago, W-L said:

Hey Im going to start a new discussion so that I will have a related topic for this. I aooreciate the help so far, your welcome to come visit the new post and give more advice. I will explain my idea and how I plan to go about it in the new thread. 

On 11/11/2018 at 1:32 AM, Jax_- said:

I already took apart the water block, pump and tubing to drain the rad to try and fix it but I didnt think about needing to look for a replacement pump/block to just replace to the unit itself.. Which apparently isnt possible.. I bought it in 2016, but Im sure I screwed the warranty.. Oh I also had the pump power fan header pop off and I just went ahead and replaced the wire itself, which they will likely see. So Im absolutely 50% sure cause I dont really know haha that my warranty is voided..

Yeah, I'm fairly certain that the warranty is voided. As you've discovered, these parts aren't something that you can easily come by.

7 hours ago, DevBiker said:

Yeah, I'm fairly certain that the warranty is voided. As you've discovered, these parts aren't something that you can easily come by.

Yeah haha sucks but it is what it is. It was broken regardless and I would rather learn then expect a company to repair anything I ever need help with. In the future I know like many times in the past that Ive screwed up and learned from that I need to just slow down, not rush and take my time when working on something. I was excited to get it fixed and I broke the plastic tabs that hold the mounting hardware in place. The fan power header for the block has come loose and fallen off of the wire so I repaired thay by splicing a good fan power header and connecting them together but that is all nukl and void with the costair block mounting hardware tabs broken off. I havent looked into any other solutions for it and I wouldnt trust gorilla glue or angthing to hold that in place.. So that block/pump are as good as garbage to me now until I can find a used or broken pump I can replace the block with on the corsair H115I.. Heck even a different AIO block that will fit the loop.. Which is my next project to find to replace the broken block with.