Installing GTX 1060 on older system NOT WORKING! Stuck at BIOS screen!

Hello! I am trying to install a EVGA GTX 1060 6gb GPU on an older system. The MOBO is a Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H

When I plug the GPU in and turn the machine on - it goes straight to the BIOS screen, but doesn't let me enter the BIOS, or enter windows or anything - it pretty much is stuck there.

I've tried taking the card out, then entering the BIOS to disable on board Intel graphics, as well as enabling PCI.

No luck!

Also worth mentioning, Before this happened the MOBO did beep, 1 long & 3 short which through google appear to be "Video card not detected, or bad card"

And those beeps happen every time I try to reinstall and restart - could they mean anything else?

SO - I'm thinking, it's most likely a BIOS issue - do I need to upgrade the BIOS?

Previously the rig was running a GTX 620 without issues. 

I'm also thinking that the drivers definitely need to be upgraded, but I can't even make it into windows so most definitely BIOS ?

If so, which BIOS do I upgrade to?

Please any and all advice would be great, thanks!!!

CPU: Intel i5-9600k | MoBo: Gigabyte Aorus Elite z390 | RAM: 16gb (4 x 4gb) Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti | Storage: 500gb Samsung 860 vNand SSD x2 & 1tb WD Caviar Blue HDD

Chassis: NZXT h700i White w/ RGB LED | Cooling: Corsair H100i Pro RGB AIO & 6x Corsair AF120 fans White LED

Screens: 2x 27" Acer HA270 Ultra Slim LED | Peripherals: MSI Interceptor RGB DS4200 Key & D200 Mouse

2 minutes ago, Snipergod87 said:

Sounds like a BIOS issue, update to the latest BIOS for that board.

@Snipergod87 is that difficult to do? I'd imagine I get the BIOS from the Gigabyte website?

PS - how do I find the current BIOS version ?

CPU: Intel i5-9600k | MoBo: Gigabyte Aorus Elite z390 | RAM: 16gb (4 x 4gb) Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti | Storage: 500gb Samsung 860 vNand SSD x2 & 1tb WD Caviar Blue HDD

Chassis: NZXT h700i White w/ RGB LED | Cooling: Corsair H100i Pro RGB AIO & 6x Corsair AF120 fans White LED

Screens: 2x 27" Acer HA270 Ultra Slim LED | Peripherals: MSI Interceptor RGB DS4200 Key & D200 Mouse

You can read your current version either in your BIOS, or with a tool like CPU-Z and click on the motherboard tab.

the BIOS would be on the Gigabyte website under your motherboards model.'

Sometimes its a click on an exe and flash in windows, sometimes you need to put it on a flash drive and do it in the BIOS, there are often instructions