Should I buy Red Hydrogen 1?

UnwantedLinks

I feel like buying it, should I? It reminds me of a rugged phone I used to have but then its motherboard failed.

With Great Power, Comes a Great Electricity Bill

Main

Setup: Intel core i5-8400 (OC'd), MSI Z-370-A Pro, Crucial Ballistix 8GB, Be Quiet! Pure Slim, Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB, TP-Link Wifi Adapter, ASRock RX580, Artic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste, Logitech G105, Logitech M310, Razer Sphex V2 (Mat), EVGA 500W 80+ Silver, 1TB WD Blue, 240gb Kingston Digital

uh.. have you *seen* the review?

linus wasnt exactly very positive about it.

also, if you want a rugged phone, get a CAT, you could buy the S60, run it over with a tank, and buy a new one for less than the price of the red hydrogen 1.

I wanna experience it. And I did watch LTT's video on about it. It costed somewhere from 1400. I was expecting it to be like 5200. I already have a G Flex as a daily driver, and a iPhone 8+ as my backup. I just feel like switching daily drivers for something out of the ordinary.

Main

Setup: Intel core i5-8400 (OC'd), MSI Z-370-A Pro, Crucial Ballistix 8GB, Be Quiet! Pure Slim, Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB, TP-Link Wifi Adapter, ASRock RX580, Artic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste, Logitech G105, Logitech M310, Razer Sphex V2 (Mat), EVGA 500W 80+ Silver, 1TB WD Blue, 240gb Kingston Digital

ohhh I see the CAT.

Main

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I didn't watch LTT's video about it, but they didn't seem to like it.

its not the most brutal review he's done, but its not much positive.

I might get the S61 FLIR if Im going with a CAT. Strange, I never knew they made phones. 

Main

Personally I wouldn't. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Judging from reviews, I might not get it. I might either get a CAT S61 FLIR, Samsung Galaxy A8 Active or the Sonim XP8.

Main

1 minute ago, 6thOntheLeft said:

Judging from reviews, I might not get it. I might either get a CAT S61 FLIR, Samsung Galaxy A8 Active or the Sonim XP8.

Huawei too. I don't know if you trust chinese smartphones. 

I wanna experience it. And I did watch LTT's video on about it. It costed somewhere from 1400. I was expecting it to be like 5200. I already have a G Flex as a daily driver, and a iPhone 8+ as my backup. I just feel like switching daily drivers for something out of the ordinary.

ohhh I see the CAT.

if it was 5200, red would have been laughed out the market. 1400 is steep, especially steep for a failed attempt at a "newcomer's market shattering flagship", but it is somewhat palletable still.. not that it makes it a good buy.

I might get the S61 FLIR if Im going with a CAT. Strange, I never knew they made phones. 

was a surprise to me too.. even bigger of a surprise is how wel the phones do for being made by a company known for steel toe boots and heavy machinery.

i guess it's what i'll call the "lamborghini effect", as appareanlty lambo was founded because a tractor manufacturer CEO was disappointed with the ever-shattering gearbox in his sports car.

actually, on that note.. i wonder if linus would get a review sample if they reached out to CAT for one..

Yep those are much better options for you, the design of the RH1 looks very similar the Sony Xperia XZ Premium I'm using to type this but without any of the refinement of the XZ Premium. The RH1 is a strange product for sure and doesn't really have a target audience either because most people with that sort of money have better phones already anyway. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Yeah. I am going for the Cat S61 FLIR. Seems like a good phone for 1.1k (cad)

Main

1 hour ago, James Evens said:

In the end they all come from china and use some driver from Chinese companies.

Isnt that the same thing with Samsung and Apple phones?