Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Error 56 when trying to install LAN drivers

jpfeif

Alright I am finally done bashing my head into my desk I have come to beg for help, I was trying to install TAP drivers for PIA and the install was not working.  I had internet just the TAP driver was not installing, I had error 56 with those drivers too.  I am using the AB350 gaming for my motherboard and my LAN chipset is the Realtek GBE Family Controller it is the onboard LAN on my MOBO. 

Current Troubleshooting steps i have taken:

Resetting network configuration in windows (it broke windows and caused this problem)

Reinstalled drivers (didn't do anything got error 56)

Installed generic windows drivers (error 26 timed out)

Disabled all the network things and rebooted (nothing)

Got a new bios (did nothing)

Help me please.

I will include some pictures soon.

Use some 3rd Party automatic driver installer. I used driver booster 5 (free version) and I updated all my drivers. And now this PC works like a charm on wireless

With Great Power, Comes a Great Electricity Bill

Main

Setup: Intel core i5-8400 (OC'd), MSI Z-370-A Pro, Crucial Ballistix 8GB, Be Quiet! Pure Slim, Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB, TP-Link Wifi Adapter, ASRock RX580, Artic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste, Logitech G105, Logitech M310, Razer Sphex V2 (Mat), EVGA 500W 80+ Silver, 1TB WD Blue, 240gb Kingston Digital

1 minute ago, 6thOntheLeft said:

Use some 3rd Party automatic driver installer. I used driver booster 5 (free version) and I updated all my drivers. And now this PC works like a charm on wireless

The problem is that I cant access the internet on the PC

Do you have another desktop connected to internet and do you have a USB stick with atleast 4 gigs?

Main

Setup: Intel core i5-8400 (OC'd), MSI Z-370-A Pro, Crucial Ballistix 8GB, Be Quiet! Pure Slim, Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB, TP-Link Wifi Adapter, ASRock RX580, Artic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste, Logitech G105, Logitech M310, Razer Sphex V2 (Mat), EVGA 500W 80+ Silver, 1TB WD Blue, 240gb Kingston Digital

Just now, 6thOntheLeft said:

Do you have another desktop connected to PC and do you have a USB stick with atleast 4 gigs?

Yes

then download it from there, move the files onto the USB. plug it into your PC. And then download drivers from it from there.

Main

OK, this is why it's ALWAYS handy to have at least one good driver available for troubleshooting. On the alternate PC, go to your motherboard vendors driver page for your motherboard and download the drivers for your LAN. Re-install them from the USB stick. Please keep a backup of these somewhere like a USB stick for example, they are very cheap nowadays. Make sure you can access the network and internet before installing the TAP drivers.

Get the latest TAP drivers from PIA and install again.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini