PC fans continue when shutting PC down

elert

Hello

Today I received my i7-8700k and Asrock z370 Extreme4 which I have installed without too much hassle. I upgraded from an i5-4690k on a MSI Z97 Krait Edition mobo. However, I have an issue which is whenever I turn off the PC all of the fans blow at what sounds like full speed. This does not stop, and I am forced to turn off the computer by switching off the PSU, Before turning off the PSU I have tried to turn the PC on again but nothing happens when I do this either.. The motherboard has some rgb lighting in it aswell, and these lights are also on even if the PC is turned off.. I have 3 fans in my build, one of them is connected to a chassis fan pin on the mobo while the other two are plugged directly into the psu because they are old and do not have regular 4 pin tips. (This worked without any issues at all on my previous build). The tower that I have it all installed in is a NZXT S340. 

I have been trying to find a solution for hours but have not succeeded yet and i have been staring at the manual to see if i have misplaced some of the pins - but I can't seem to find any mistakes that I've made.

Would appreciate if anyone could have any ideas as to why this is happening, is there anything in the BIOS i should change? 

One thing that just came to mind is that I didn't install the mobo driver with the disc that came with the mobo since i dont have a disc reader - could it be because of this?

Does this happen when you hold the power button to shut the PC down?

2 minutes ago, elert said:

One thing that just came to mind is that I didn't install the mobo driver with the disc that came with the mobo since i dont have a disc reader - could it be because of this?

Definitely not the case.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

40 minutes ago, elert said:

Hello

Today I received my i7-8700k and Asrock z370 Extreme4 which I have installed without too much hassle. I upgraded from an i5-4690k on a MSI Z97 Krait Edition mobo. However, I have an issue which is whenever I turn off the PC all of the fans blow at what sounds like full speed. This does not stop, and I am forced to turn off the computer by switching off the PSU, Before turning off the PSU I have tried to turn the PC on again but nothing happens when I do this either.. The motherboard has some rgb lighting in it aswell, and these lights are also on even if the PC is turned off.. I have 3 fans in my build, one of them is connected to a chassis fan pin on the mobo while the other two are plugged directly into the psu because they are old and do not have regular 4 pin tips. (This worked without any issues at all on my previous build). The tower that I have it all installed in is a NZXT S340. 

I have been trying to find a solution for hours but have not succeeded yet and i have been staring at the manual to see if i have misplaced some of the pins - but I can't seem to find any mistakes that I've made.

Would appreciate if anyone could have any ideas as to why this is happening, is there anything in the BIOS i should change? 

This is probably what you're looking for.

In your BIOS, under Advanced and Chipset configuration:

Deep Sleep
Configure deep sleep mode for power saving when the computer is shut down.

Unfortunately the manual doesn't say any more than that.

8 minutes ago, CrappySyntax said:

This is probably what you're looking for.

In your BIOS, under Advanced and Chipset configuration:

Deep Sleep
Configure deep sleep mode for power saving when the computer is shut down.

Unfortunately the manual doesn't say any more than that.

This setting was disabled by default. I tried enabling it for S5 i believe it said - saved and started the pc. tried to power down and see if it would work - it didnt, same problem. fans are still going mental. but now i dont even get anything on my monitors when i power the pc back up again after having turned the psu off and on again. black screens while the pc is running and fans running at full speed.. what was that setting >.< ...

Try leaving it for about an hour. It might be the juice left in the capacitors thats powering it, when I shut down my desktop I can plug in a charger and it charges it for about 3 Mmins. 

With Great Power, Comes a Great Electricity Bill

Main

Setup: Intel core i5-8400 (OC'd), MSI Z-370-A Pro, Crucial Ballistix 8GB, Be Quiet! Pure Slim, Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB, TP-Link Wifi Adapter, ASRock RX580, Artic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste, Logitech G105, Logitech M310, Razer Sphex V2 (Mat), EVGA 500W 80+ Silver, 1TB WD Blue, 240gb Kingston Digital

4 minutes ago, 6thOntheLeft said:

Try leaving it for about an hour. It might be the juice left in the capacitors thats powering it, when I shut down my desktop I can plug in a charger and it charges it for about 3 Mmins. 

i doubt thats the case, but even if it is, it shouldn't be like that. it's brand spanking new 

No it might be the motherboard, cause the motherboard control everything. And when there is some juice left, it can run it properly. Or just open up your fans and pull them out and see if you can post.

Main

Setup: Intel core i5-8400 (OC'd), MSI Z-370-A Pro, Crucial Ballistix 8GB, Be Quiet! Pure Slim, Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB, TP-Link Wifi Adapter, ASRock RX580, Artic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste, Logitech G105, Logitech M310, Razer Sphex V2 (Mat), EVGA 500W 80+ Silver, 1TB WD Blue, 240gb Kingston Digital

1 minute ago, 6thOntheLeft said:

No it might be the motherboard, cause the motherboard control everything. And when there is some juice left, it can run it properly. Or just open up your fans and pull them out and see if you can post.

after fiddling with the deep sleep setting CrappySyntax suggested, i cant get anything on the monitor. The pc turns on, light comes on the power button, on the gpu and everything, fans start - but nothing comes up on my monitors 

Try calling up the manufacturer to see about this issue.

Main