Difference between 100hz and 144hz

Tusci

Has anyone went from a 100hz monitor to a 144hz monitor before?  I'm currently on a 75hz monitor and looking to upgrade.  Is the difference worth the price?

EDIT: The monitors I'm looking at are ultra wide monitors and the difference between 100hz and 144hz is about $100-$200 dollars

"Worth" is subjective.

You also didn't even say what the price difference was.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Recently I went from 75Hz to 100Hz monitor. Difference is very noticeable.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

The jump from 60 to 100 is probably the biggest. After that it becomes less noticeable not that it isn't. I have a 240hz with gsync and so I have played at a variety of refreshrates. Even 100 to 144 is noticeable but again 60 to 100 is much more noticeable. At 100hz it makes gaming very smooth so most are content with that. After 100 it's less about smoothness and more about what you can see. 

1 hour ago, Enderman said:

"Worth" is subjective.

You also didn't even say what the price difference was.

That is totally fair.  I updated the original post but the cost difference between 100hz or higher is anywhere from $100-$300 dollars.

1 hour ago, Brooksie359 said:

The jump from 60 to 100 is probably the biggest. After that it becomes less noticeable not that it isn't. I have a 240hz with gsync and so I have played at a variety of refreshrates. Even 100 to 144 is noticeable but again 60 to 100 is much more noticeable. At 100hz it makes gaming very smooth so most are content with that. After 100 it's less about smoothness and more about what you can see. 

Could you elaborate more about that "what you can see" part?

4 minutes ago, Tusci said:

That is totally fair.  I updated the original post but the cost difference between 100hz or higher is anywhere from $100-$300 dollars.

Could you elaborate more about that "what you can see" part?

When you are moving around really fast i tend to see things or frames that I wouldn't have at a slower refresh rate. Normally this is split second things in overwatch for me. It's important in competitive gaming but not as important in casual. 

1 hour ago, Brooksie359 said:

When you are moving around really fast i tend to see things or frames that I wouldn't have at a slower refresh rate. Normally this is split second things in overwatch for me. It's important in competitive gaming but not as important in casual. 

Makes sense to me.  I play also play overwatch so this was really good to know.  Thanks!