set folding@home to fold when idle, but what is "idle"?

ok so my machine runs the whole day basically, and i set it up to fold when it's idle. 

but what does that mean?

and if i set it to full can i still use teamviewer to control it or will teamviewer not get any cpu time and stop working?

She/Her

6 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

and if i set it to full can i still use teamviewer to control it or will teamviewer not get any cpu time and stop working?

now i can't answer the first question, tough i personally use GPP remote desktop to control my system when it;s folding and away. i know this works when folding is set to run when idle!

You can control Folding@Home clients remotely through the Folding control program. Go in to configuration and set the remote access settings. Then you will need to add it as a connection in the left "Clients" panel on the computer you want to control it from. (I think, haven't tried this).

@Gorgon has written several guides relating to remotely controlling F@H client.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

@Spotty no i want to use teamviewer because this is my main machine, and sometimes i need to grab a file off of it or something else when i'm away. 

She/Her

You can assign how many CPU cores you want the machine to use for folding. Configure the folding slot and select the number of threads you want assigned to the folding task. Remember to leave at least 1 CPU thread per GPU that is folding as well. CPU folding isn't very efficient. You are often better off using the GPU.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450