Corsair K70 vs Fnatic STREAK

Barnack

Hi,

i finally shrinked my keyboards options to the two on the title.

Both have the "all reprogrammable keys" feature i was looking for way more than fancy lights and loud clicks.

Both lack additional macro keys i could get with a way too costy K90

Both seem to have quality materials (metal top plate in both)

Both come available with ISO layout.

Both have a fancy volume wheel i'll likely never use xD

None comes with cherry silent switches :(

Both come with brown switches (not silent but can do, i'll spam o-rings eventually)

Spoiler

yeah i'm a huge fan of membrane sound&feel but membrane keyboards with fully programmable keys don't seem to exist (except razer cynosa, but people seems to not suggest razer)

The K70 has the dedicated media keys the STREAK lacks of

The STREAK has the usb passthrough the K70 lacks of

Both cost 120-130€

so… based on what should i decide? Any information to make any of the two my choice?

I have a Corsair K70 LUX RGB and it is the best keyboard I ever owned or touched or even seen.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

Hi,

i finally shrinked my keyboards options to the two on the title.

Both have the "all reprogrammable keys" feature i was looking for way more than fancy lights and loud clicks.

Both lack additional macro keys i could get with a way too costy K90

Both seem to have quality materials (metal top plate in both)

Both come available with ISO layout.

Both have a fancy volume wheel i'll likely never use xD

None comes with cherry silent switches :(

Both come with brown switches (not silent but can do, i'll spam o-rings eventually)

Reveal hidden contents

yeah i'm a huge fan of membrane sound&feel but membrane keyboards with fully programmable keys don't seem to exist (except razer cynosa, but people seems to not suggest razer)

The K70 has the dedicated media keys the STREAK lacks of

The STREAK has the usb passthrough the K70 lacks of

Both cost 120-130€

so… based on what should i decide? Any information to make any of the two my choice?

Where are you located at and which model of K70 are you looking at?

K70 RGB LUX and MK.2 do have Cherry MX Silent switches available in most regions.  We implemented the USB passthrough on the K70 LUX, and carried in on to the newer MK.2 keyboards as well.  Sounds like the K70 is a winner in all categories based on what you're looking for.  Let me know if you have additional questions.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

57 minutes ago, Corsair Nick said:

Where are you located at and which model of K70 are you looking at?

K70 RGB LUX and MK.2 do have Cherry MX Silent switches available in most regions.  We implemented the USB passthrough on the K70 LUX, and carried in on to the newer MK.2 keyboards as well.  Sounds like the K70 is a winner in all categories based on what you're looking for.  Let me know if you have additional questions.

i'm from italy, looking for iso italian layout.

Unfortunately i just noticed the RGB and MK2 cost 160+€ on amazon, the one i saw for 120-130€ was the static colors one.
And it doesn't come with (or at least isn't available with) cherry silent switches. (K70 LUX (non rgb)).

So between the 120-130€ models they're on par except for full rgb for the fnatic vs full r for the corsair

the 160€ price range would give me everything on par with silent switches over the other keyboard, which would be cool, but it's out of my range

Correct, the Cherry MX Silent switches will only be available on the RGB version of the K70.  Single color K70 LUX I believe only comes in speed, red, and brown switches.  If you're still on the fence and still have more questions about the K70 LUX, let me know and I'll be happy to answer them for you.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/