Weird router problem I couldnt find anyone else who was having.

Nobb

I did not manage to find a topic about a problem like mine, so basically my LTE router (Huawei CPE-B593) I think is loosing its connection to the isp even though it has a constant 3 out of 5 bars, it's also more frequent if I play a game and use Discord. Also if I remember correctly the mode light turns red whenever it happens altough don't qoute me on that as it's been a while since I last checked it during one of the outages. I am also usually the only user on it and have tested it with multiple different cables, which made no difference whatsoever. If anyone needs more information like pictures or if I put this in the wrong part of the forum just ask/tell me. :)

If you're that far away from a service tower I wouldn't have used this method of internet. It's possible what signal you do have is being saturated while under load. Then it just crashes and reconnects. Did you ever previously have a fiber or coax connection? Is one not available?

Sadly there is no other options for internet as there are 3 others here and the adsl is way to slow. Also im only 1.61km away from the tower (according to google maps). Also thank you for helping me, I really appreciate it :).

1- Location of the router: if you live inside a building, which i presume you do and that you’re not a free spirit living under the stars, there is a considerable amount of concrete and metal bars that ruin your LTE signal. I suggest placing the router near a window facing the tower if possible.

2- Wi-Fi: are you hooked up to Wi-Fi or Ethernet in your home? Your best bet is an actual cable as the 2.4 ghz Wi-Fi spectrum tends to be crowded and that can cause issues. If you absolutely have to use Wi-Fi, are you able to get on the 5ghz band and change the channel?

my suggestion is almost always never to use the same device for LTE reception and Wi-Fi transmission. Grabbing a dedicated Wi-Fi spot that supports the 5ghz band, and attaching it to the LTE modem might be a good idea.

pictures of the setup would be nice

AMD Ryzen 3950x under a Noctua D15S, 32 Gb G Skill FlareX 3200 DDR4 running at 3200 CL14, Gigabyte Aorus Pro 570 Wifi, Gigabyte 2070 Super hooked to a Dell U2718Q 4k HDR monitor & an Acer 1440p 144hz IPS panel of some kind, an Inland 1 TB M.2 PCIE 4 main drive, a Samsung NVME M.2 250Gb, WD Blue 500Gb  and 1 TB SSDs, Corsair RMX750, Rainbows and butterflies...

IMG_20181110_002038.thumb.jpg.b08619386906020c6e32462b672952cf.jpgIMG_20181110_002022.thumb.jpg.1a33f01802bd9b86860a95f610b8d94b.jpg

The darker cable is not in use at the moment, and the other cable (going to my pc) is just going about 3 meters on the floor (I have tried multiple different cables just in case) i'll also try moving it around to try and get a better connection. (It also randomly switches between 3 and 4 bars, which I just realised so i'm guessing it's on the edge between the two)