Netgear Nighthawk D7000

Hello everyone, I need to ask you the following. I'm in need of a modem/router (NOT standalone router) that MUST have VPN client AND VPN server functionality. My best bet so far is the Netgear Nighthawk D7000. Does anyone own it? Have you setup VPN on it? please let me know your setup experience/review as I need it to connect to a VPN and for co workers to connect to my VPN (based on the router). Certain people complained in the netgear forums that there was no VPN option to be found, although it was explicitly stated in the package. Since this is not exactly a cheap piece of hardware. I would appreciate a proven opinion from an owner or from a person that has set this thing up before.

Thank you in advance.

I'd be dubious that an off-the-shelf router is powerful enough to give a good VPN experience, will wait to see if anyone has tried it.

Like you said, it seems the Netgear only supports being a VPN server not a client.  You'd also have to bear in mind that being both puts an even greater load on it.

The fact you need a combined modem/router really limits your options, as generally I'd recommend building a low power PC and using something like pfSense for this setup, as its what I did.  But then you'd HAVE to use a separate modem which you clearly don't want.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

I have already setup pf-sense on a low end pc, but my stupid DGN2200v2 router/modem refuses to act as a modem. It simply does not connect to my ISP ! So I guess I'll have to find a workaround.