Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Faulty PSU?

Ok so I switched my Thermaltake smart series 650w to and evga supernovae 750w g3 because I wanted more sata so after booting up randomly it would just hardlock nothing else can’t do anything I have to hold the power button and hard reset it I really need help

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Randomizer23 said:

Ok so I switched my Thermaltake smart series 650w to and evga supernovae 750w g3 because I wanted more sata so after booting up randomly it would just hardlock nothing else can’t do anything I have to hold the power button and hard reset it I really need help

 

Does putting the TT PSU back in place of the EVGA solve the problem?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Does putting the TT PSU back in place of the EVGA solve the problem?

 

I haven’t tried and I’m too lazy to replace everything again

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Randomizer23 said:

I haven’t tried and I’m too lazy to replace everything again

Well.. Then we're done here.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

You don't have to take out your old PSU, just unplug everything and have your old PSU sat outside the case with it plugged in to everything

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're wondering why trying the other PSU is important:

 

You could have a connector not plugged all the way in, missed/forgotten a connector (had a friend do this after forgetting to plug in his AIO pump after swapping out PSU), knocked something loose, etc.

 

Otherwise, just assume the new PSU is dead and RMA it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×