Find results in...

ITX case opinions

Masters2150

I've been trying to look into the following cases for a 9700k + 2080 system:

inwin A1

NZXT H200

Fractal Design Nano S Mini

Phanteks Evolv ITX

Does anyone have any thoughts or things I need to look out for with the cases? airflow issues, temps, etc.

Have you seen the 280x? and with any high power small platform build the #1 thing you need to worry about is temps, then clearance, are you planning on a custom loop?

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

52 minutes ago, Emanbaird said:

Have you seen the 280x? and with any high power small platform build the #1 thing you need to worry about is temps, then clearance, are you planning on a custom loop?

Ya I've seen it, can also consider it, and no, air cooling or aio.

2 hours ago, Masters2150 said:

I've been trying to look into the following cases for a 9700k + 2080 system:

inwin A1

NZXT H200

Fractal Design Nano S Mini

Phanteks Evolv ITX

Does anyone have any thoughts or things I need to look out for with the cases? airflow issues, temps, etc.

What cooler are you planning on using for the CPU? Exactly which 2080? Do you need to hold a 3.5" HDD? How many 2.5" SSD's? Case Budget?

The smaller you go, the more limited your cooling options will be...

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

What cooler are you planning on using for the CPU? Exactly which 2080? Do you need to hold a 3.5" HDD? How many 2.5" SSD's? Case Budget?

The smaller you go, the more limited your cooling options will be...

Preferably air cooler if the case can handle a good one, otherwise AIO.

The GPU will depend on case limitations,  Asus Dual, Gigabyte Windforce, or EVGA XC/XC ultra if it fits.

1 HDD, and 1 m.2 at this time.

No specific budget but preferably under $300. I'm willing to pay if it's easily obtainable and it will do the job well. I can always alter other parts to reduce cost if I need to.

24 minutes ago, Masters2150 said:

Preferably air cooler if the case can handle a good one, otherwise AIO.

The GPU will depend on case limitations,  Asus Dual, Gigabyte Windforce, or EVGA XC/XC ultra if it fits.

1 HDD, and 1 m.2 at this time.

No specific budget but preferably under $300. I'm willing to pay if it's easily obtainable and it will do the job well. I can always alter other parts to reduce cost if I need to.

Well Most aftermarket 2080's are tripple slot cards which which most likely wont fit even in the cases you listed (Specifically the EVGA because it uses three PCi-E slots) Some use 2 but then extend past the I/O shield making them 2.75 slot cards which in most cases would push into the PSU shroud or the PSU itself

From that list I'd personally pick the H200 or Nano S. The In Win A1 is good for GPU cooing but not for CPU cooling (bottom intake) and the Evolv ITX has relatively poor airflow from the front in comparison to the rest.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

38 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Well Most aftermarket 2080's are tripple slot cards which which most likely wont fit even in the cases you listed (Specifically the EVGA because it uses three PCi-E slots) Some use 2 but then extend past the I/O shield making them 2.75 slot cards which in most cases would push into the PSU shroud or the PSU itself

From that list I'd personally pick the H200 or Nano S. The In Win A1 is good for GPU cooing but not for CPU cooling (bottom intake) and the Evolv ITX has relatively poor airflow from the front in comparison to the rest.

Thank you for the tips!

But I thought I read the windforce was duel slot, and quite short for a tripple fan card.

1 minute ago, Masters2150 said:

Thank you for the tips!

But I thought I read the windforce was duel slot, and quite short for a tripple fan card.

The wind force would actually work being only 280mm long and a true dual slot card. 280 is relatively short for a tripple slot card... I dont know how well it performs in comparison to the others though. The "Gaming OC" version looks like the windforce but is thicker and is the only one I can find reviews on, so IDK how the regular Windforce version performs

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

The wind force would actually work being only 280mm long and a true dual slot card. 280 is relatively short for a tripple slot card... I dont know how well it performs in comparison to the others though. The "Gaming OC" version looks like the windforce but is thicker and is the only one I can find reviews on, so IDK how the regular Windforce version performs

The MSI RTX 2080 SEA Hawk X Gaming would also work well. Short, and has it's own AIO.