Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Monitor + GPU

RyomaSJibenG
 Share

Lazada is one of the biggest online shop here in malaysia and they're going to have sales on 11.11.

 

i'm thinking of getting these:

a 1080p monitor by asus

https://www.lazada.com.my/products/asus-vg245h-gaming-monitor-24-1ms-tn-panel-hdmi-vga-free-sync-i146283589-s170695029.html?spm=a2o4k.searchlist.list.5.4a1f4ddb3yLqTx&search=1

 

for graphic card however, i'm a bit conflicted. I need suggestion on which is better, getting a Vega 56 just to take advantage of the FreeSync from the monitor or just go for GTX 1070Ti(which performs better albeit a bit pricier). which is better, the price for both are almost the same so as long as they're not far from that then its ok

 

Vega 56:

https://www.lazada.com.my/products/gigabyte-radeon-rx-vega-56-gaming-oc-8g-i416202050-s601583694.html?spm=a2o4k.searchlist.list.11.15462495PgwYpg&search=1

 

GTX 1070Ti

https://www.lazada.com.my/products/msi-geforce-gtx-1070-ti-gaming-8g-i196028827-s240973332.html?spm=a2o4k.searchlist.list.1.1a0e6135Sco1KR&search=1

 

 

feel free to recommend from other brands from that site too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Both of those are 1440p cards so they'll be a bit restricted in 1080p Not saying you can't get a 1080p monitor, you'll be able to play whatever you want at whatever settings you want, you'll just be limiting the cards a bit.

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

 

[Under Construction]

 

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

 

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

 

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're set on getting one of these GPUs, I'd look for a monitor with a higher refresh rate than 75hz

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Cereal5 said:

Both of those are 1440p cards so they'll be a bit restricted in 1080p Not saying you can't get a 1080p monitor, you'll be able to play whatever you want at whatever settings you want, you'll just be limiting the cards a bit.

well you're not wrong, i'm aiming to play strictly 1080p, my current gtx960 isn't gonna last long now as it only have 2GB of VRAM. i can't even go mid settings for monster hunter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Derrk said:

If you're set on getting one of these GPUs, I'd look for a monitor with a higher refresh rate than 75hz

not really set on them though if you can find a better one, then that's cool

 

not sure about the monitor refresh rate though, what do you recommend? 120Hz?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RyomaSJibenG said:

not really set on them though if you can find a better one, then that's cool

 

not sure about the monitor refresh rate though, what do you recommend? 120Hz?

they're both good GPUs, they'll just be able to put out at lot more than 75 fps on 1080p. It's also a good time to buy GPUs, since the prices have come down. If you can find a good price on a 1080p monitor with 120hz, that would be a good option. Otherwise, you might want to look into 1440p. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Derrk said:

they're both good GPUs, they'll just be able to put out at lot more than 75 fps on 1080p. It's also a good time to buy GPUs, since the prices have come down. If you can find a good price on a 1080p monitor with 120hz, that would be a good option. Otherwise, you might want to look into 1440p. 

i did some digging around,  there's not much 1440p and too expensive to boot. there's not many 120Hz and 144Hz are too expensive....i think i'll stay with the monitor....

 

for GPU's though, which one would be better. FreeSync from Vega56 or more power from GTX1070Ti?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, RyomaSJibenG said:

i did some digging around,  there's not much 1440p and too expensive to boot. there's not many 120Hz and 144Hz are too expensive....i think i'll stay with the monitor....

 

for GPU's though, which one would be better. FreeSync from Vega56 or more power from GTX1070Ti?

Freesync will work with either gpu, you'll just lose some of the features with nvidia. If you're sticking with 1080p and 75hz, I'd just go with a 1070 or comparable 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Derrk said:

Freesync will work with either gpu, you'll just lose some of the features with nvidia. If you're sticking with 1080p and 75hz, I'd just go with a 1070 or comparable 

i think i found a better deal then.

GTX 1070

https://www.lazada.com.my/products/msi-armor-gtx-1070-oc-i406862669-s588066499.html?spm=a2o4k.searchlist.list.27.1a2c7066Pc92Tv&search=1

 

should be good to go ya?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RyomaSJibenG said:

should be good to go ya?

Should be good. Im from a different country so I'm unfamiliar with the website & currency. As long as they're a reputable website, it'll be cool. I don't think MSI's armor cards are the best performing model, but if it's the best price, go for it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Galion said:

A GTX 1060 6gb should be sufficient or a rx 580/590 8gb(if you can wait) 

 

hmm while i know there are significant bump from 960 to 1060, is it really worth the jump though? i mean in the end they're still x60 series imo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×